4 || Rue

Everyone was up and ready at 6AM. Elowen was getting her suitcase out of the door while waiting for her brother, Logan. He would drop her off at the airport, while she would be awaited by their mother's friend, Amanda, who would go with her to San Francisco until they got to the hotel, which is where she'll meet her mom. She felt like a helpless barbie being tossed around.

Is he even gonna show up? Elowen thought, thinking of her brother.

Bored, she decided to cross the road to go to Adam's house. She waited for him on the side of his front porch to scare him as payback for the night before. While she was waiting, she waved at Nova and Connie who were heading towards the ice rink. She wished them good luck, and went back to her original waiting spot.

She then heard the door open. Finally, she thought before running out of her hiding spot screaming "Boo!" only to see a slightly scared Richard Banks with a snickering Adam Banks in the back.

Elowen's eyes widened as she realized what she just did.

"I am so sorry Mr.Banks!"

"Well hello to you too Elowen" he said while chuckling and walked towards his car. Adam walked towards his friend and patted her shoulder.

"Don't, don't—" she started while lifting her index finger but her friend couldn't hold it in anymore.

He bursted out laughing while the girl had the most embarrassed look on her face.

"I almost feel bad for you," he said in between laughs. "What are you doing here anyway?" he asked her.

"Dude, what do you mean? I'm always here"

"Well yeah but don't you have a flight to catch or something?"

"Well yeah but I'm waiting for Logan" she responded, copying his tone of voice.

"Yeah ok sure". He said that while looking around. He was looking next-door. Nova's door. Elowen turned around to see what he was looking at.

"She already left you know" she informed her friend.

He looked at her wide mouthed, without saying anything. They then heard loud honks. They turned to the cars on the road, only to see Logan talking to Mr.Banks.

"HURRY UP STREET GIRL WE'RE GONNA BE LATE! OH AND HI ADAM!" Logan said with a bright smile while looking at his sister's blue eyed friend.

"I told you to stop calling me that!" Elowen screamed back.

"Fine Rue just get in the car"

She rolled her eyes and sighed in frustration while Adam was still confused over the name Logan used to call his sister.

"Rue?" Adam asked.

"Long story" Elowen responded as she headed towards her brother's car. "I'll be listening to the game on my walkman so don't do anything stupid while I'm gone!" She said that while raising her walkman in the air.

"How could I ? You're taking all the stupid with you" he responded with a smirk.

She playfully rolled her eyes at what her friend quoted before waving at him and getting inside the car.

"How have you been Rue?" he asked her while driving off.

"I already told you to stop calling me that" she responded coldly.

« De quoi "stop calling me that"? T'es vraiment en train de me demander d'arrêter de call you by your first name?» She just rolled her eyes at her brother's remark and kept looking out the window. "Come on Rue just answer the question, you used to love that name"

The only reason she had that name was because of an inattentive nurse. At least that's what her parents told her.

Next to Mme Lavigne's hospital bed, there was a window. She was very exhausted so she couldn't formulate her phrases well. Outside the window, she saw this beautiful Elowen tree next to the street. She wanted to show her husband so she weakly pointed and said "Rue, Elowen". As he looked out the window to see the tree, the nurse poped out of nowhere. "Rue Elowen? What a beautiful name! Do you want to give her a middle name too?" she asked them as joyfully as she could. The couple looked at each other with the most dumbfounded looks, asking each other with their eyes if that nurse was actually serious. They soon realized it was a beautiful name and decided to give it to their daughter anyway.

As Elowen thought about literally the dumbest story she had ever heard, her brother spoke again.

"Listen Elowen if you don't want me to call you Rue then I won't... what do you want me to call you? Elo?"

"My friends call me Gwen" she responded, still looking out the window.

"Gwen?" He asked in disbelief, "What type of nickname is tha—"

Before he could continue, Elowen glared at him which made him stop in his tracks.

"Uh, I mean it's a great nickname and all it's just..." he sighed before continuing, "Are you really not letting people call you Rue because of Élody?"

She flinched hearing that name. Élody was the friend she had in Quebec. She was one of the reasons she agreed to move to Minnesota.

« Juste... mêle toi de tes affaires Logan »

"Ok but I'm just saying, if you let what she told you a few years ago still affect you, doesn't that mean you're letting her win? And I think we all know how much you hate to lose" Logan responded. You could hear the smirk in his voice. He knew he was right. They both did.

"Well how could you know you were gone for 3 years, I might've changed"

"Well... did you?"

"...no" she responded crossing her arms as they both laughed.

It was nice talking like that to her brother again. She barely even considered him her brother until that day so she was happy.

Translation:

De quoi "stop calling me that"? T'es vraiment en train de me demander d'arrêter de call you by your first name? :
What do you mean "stop calling me that"? Are you really asking me to stop calling you by your first name?

Juste... mêle toi de tes affaires Logan :
Just ... mind your own business Logan

Mme : abreviation for Madame

~🌷🦆Tulip's Corner🦆🌷~

I've actually always wanted to have an older brother 🚫🧢 and yeah that's it I have nothing else to say lol

Rue Elowen Zambezi Lavigne | #14
~𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺

Rue Elowen Zambezi Lavigne | #14~𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺