13 || Seriously

The kids were running around laughing as they played around in Hans' shop. Goldberg was looking at the goalie pads, Les, Jesse, Terry and Peter were wrestling trying out the gloves, helmets and shoulder pads while Charlie was looking at hockey sticks. He tried to pick one up which je failed miserably, making every single one of them fall down. He crossed his arms, putting a cool face on until Rue walked behind him humming "London Bridge is Falling Down". He glared at her before she started laughing as they chased each other around. She went to go look at the skates while Charlie was looking for more sticks.

"Who is that kid?" Bombay asked, tapping Guy on the shoulder while pointing at Fulton who was helping Charlie with the stick he wanted.

"That's Fulton Reed. He's in one of my classes." Guy told him.

"How come he's not on the team?" he asked.

"He only plays football, some preppie school gave him a scholarship as long as he doesn't play hockey" Jesse explained "they don't want him gettin' hurt"

"I heard it was colleges" Guy started, "He's been accepted into four of 'em"

"Yeah, but I heard he's got to repeat the sixth grade," Goldberg added while patting Jesse's shoulder.

"Ah, shut up" Jesse told him as all three boys went back to what they were doing. Rue approached Bombay with a hockey skate in her hands, as if she was examining it. She then looked away from her skate and looked at Fulton before looking back at her skate.

"He's got one heck of a slap-shot" she added to the list of things the boys said about Fulton. "Could be a real use to the team if you convinced him"

Bombay turned to the girl who was still examining the skate in her hands. He gave her an impressed nod before she continued.

"Do you think I could figure skate with these skates?" she asked before walking off without letting him answer. She was going to get them either way.

- - - - -

It was the second time in one day Rue had seen her team this happy. They were at the ice rink. It was the first time they ever had it reserved for themselves. When they arrived, the figure skaters were still on the ice.

"Dude check 'em out man!" Goldberg said as he and Peter ran up to the glass.

"Holy cow" Peter said, "They're pretty good skaters"

"Anybody know who they are?" Bombay asked.

"That's Tommy Duncan he's in my science class and that's his sister Tammy" Terry responded. They all watched Tammy do her spin, which she stopped in the middle of, to wave at Rue.

"What, you know her?!" Terry asked in shock.

"Well yeah, we figure skate together" she responded, "Why? Jealous?" she teased. As Terry rolled his eyes, Bombay spoke up.

"Think they'd want to play hockey with us?" he asked.

"Yeah!" they all responded in unison.

"Go get dressed, I'll do the negotiating" he told them.

As Rue was about to follow Bombay on the ice, he stopped her.

"Did you not hear me?" he asked, "go get dressed"

"Seriously?!" she asked in the most excited voice. You could almost see the stars in her eyes.

"Seriously," he chuckled, "Now go get dressed"

She almost fell on the equipment with how fast she was running. When she was finally up and ready she approached Terry who was watching the beautiful Tammy Duncan, who Bombay was negotiating with.

"Careful Ter, I can almost see your heart-eyes" she teased as he playfully glared at her.

- - - - -

"Soft hands" Bombay said in a soft voice while holding an egg. "Don't shoot the puck to your teammate, you sail it to them"

They each had their own egg that they had to send to the teammate in front of them.

"Concentration, not strength" he informed, as egg yolk flew on the ice.

"Like the Karate Kid right? Wax on! Wax off!" Averman excitedly said. But he was soon stopped by an annoyed Connie.

"Just shut up and try it, Averman!" she scolded.

"You're such a jerk" he muttered as he passed back the puck to Bombay.

"Have you ever even watched the Karate Kid?" Nova asked with a grin.

"No... but it feels like I have from the amount of times I hear you,Connie and Rue talk about Daniel Garusso" he responded with a sheepish smile.

"First of all, it's Daniel Larusso..." Nova stated. As they kept talking about Ralph Macchio's outstanding good looks, Rue was more concentrated on her coach, who was covered in egg yolk.

"Way to go Spazway!" someone said as everyone laughed.

"Next time Char," Rue told him in between laughs as she patted his shoulder. She went back to her place in front of him as they did passing drills. They then practiced their shooting, Goldberg's goalie skills and their skating, over and over again.

Rue could finally practice hockey with her friends, and she couldn't have been happier.