facetime

- 10:54, brighton - home

olivia collapsed onto her bed, smiling to her self, she enjoyed going out of her comfort zone and going out for dinner with a pretty stranger.

her phone vibrated in her pocket.

she pulled her phone out, waiting for her eyes to focus on the contact name of who was facetiming her.

she immediately answered after seeing who it was, two screams came from the other side of the phone, causing her to flinch.

"OLIVIA YOU BETTER TELL ME AND JESSE WHAT HAPPENED RIGHT NOW" jake screamed at her.

jake and olivia have been friends for about 4 years after he moved across the street from her, jake complimented her shoes one time after they both walked out of their apartments, which is how the became friends. jake was currently travelling around america as part of his coursework for uni, which was annoying for her because she had nobody to hang out with.

"IF YOU DON'T TELL US ALL THE DETAILS IM CALLING YOUR MUM" jesse shouted.

however for jesse and olivia, they had been friends since they were little, they met at school when jesse decided to let the pet snail out of its enclosure and some how ended in olivia's backpack. jesse lived back in portsmouth, with her girlfriend. olivia only lived a little over an hour from her but they hardly ever saw eachother because neither of them could drive.

"oh my god guys did you seriously ring me just because i've been on a date?" olivia asked.

"you mean you FIRST date" jesse scoffed.

olivia rolled her eyes "shut up dickhead"

"CAN YOU TELL US WHAT HAPPENED ALREADY? IM MISSING GEORGENOTFOUND'S STREAM OVER THIS" jake said interrupting the girls.

"newsflash jake, he doesn't know you exist" jesse laughed.

"hey jess, don't ruin his dreams" olivia went along with the joke.

jake proceeded to get olivia to tell him what happened, and so she did, she told them how happy he made her and how he listened to her talk about her interests.

"okay cute, but is he fit (hot - for you americans)?" jake asked.

"yes jake he's very pretty" she laughed.

the group carried on talking about their days and how jakes trip is going.

jake ended up distracted because george started streaming. olivia had always enjoyed playing minecraft ever since she was a kid but never really got into watching streams, she didn't get it, why would you want to watch other people play a game, when you can yourself?

jesse pointed out a stain on olivia's jumper.

"oh don't even get me started on that, some dude walked into me and spilt my coffee down me"

jesse proceeded to laugh, while jake asked if she bought her another coffee.

"he did get me another one but it just wasn't the same" olivia said with a fake frown.

"did you get his number? you know, for a friend" jake queered.

"no jake" olivia chuckled "i did not, he was good looking tho"

"as good looking as clay?" jesse said raising an eyebrow.

"definitely not"

———

meet the besties <3

jesse winter24 | virgo | pansexual | she/they! the childhood best friend

jesse winter
24 | virgo | pansexual | she/they
! the childhood best friend

jesse winter24 | virgo | pansexual | she/they! the childhood best friend

jake matthews
21 | leo | gay | he/him
! the neighbour

- 542 words
- written 27/09