sirens

clay <3

clay <3

olivia :)
sorry about yesterday clay, i'm at the beach to clear my head
i love you too <3
seen

clay immediately jumped out of bed after reading her message over five times, grabbing the first thing he sees in his wardrobe and hopping his way to the front door trying to slide his shoes on his feet. he then grabbed his keys and walked out of his house, turning right and walking towards the horizon.

olivia lived closer to the beach then he did and she tended to go there almost everyday, it was her happy place.

also where she met clay.

he decided to pop into a local florists on the way to her even though the queue was out the door. he took awhile picking out the best flowers that reminded him of olivia and then he had to wait in line. it felt like he was standing there for ages but it was just anxiety creeping up on him, he was going to see olivia, the girl he loved.

he walks out the door, stepping onto the pavement as an ambulance shoots past him. he continues walking down the street as the sirens get louder at every step.

he reaches the beach, he ignores the whaling sounds, and scans the beach for a familiar face.

his eyes stop.

her patterned tote bag all alone. fresh flowers surrounding it.

panic fills his stomach as he links everything together, he then glances over at ambulance, dreading his thoughts.

his shoes sinking in the sand, he steps forward trying to peer through the ambulance doors.

her body laid still. her brown hair draped over the stretcher.

my girl.

- 290 words
- written 16/10

- my heart is broken </3