chapter 2: we meet again

"What just happened?" I look up and I see a rope tied around my leg "dammit ''. Of course, I went straight into a trap. What am I supposed to do now? I try to pull myself up to my leg but I'm not strong enough. I continue to struggle to try and free myself for a minute or two.

"Well well well, look who we have here" just my luck, it's Merlin. He's got a smug look on his face. But he's the only one who could help me right now.

"Merlin, thank God you're here! I need your help!" I plead with him still hanging upside down.

"Oh and why should I help you darling? You weren't very nice the last time we spoke" he folded his arms and started to tap his foot.

"Are you serious right now? Do i have to remind y-" he rudely interrupts me,

"Alright you have fun then sweetheart" in a sarcastic tone before he turns around and starts to walk away. This man-,

"Ok ok you're right I'm sorry please just untie me, i'll do anything!!" I beg him, saying that made me wanna hurl. Merlin stops, then turns to face me.

"Anything?" He grins and gets very close to my face.

"Yes! Anything, just please hurry!" wow he's really close.

"Well alright then!" He quickly uses one of his papers and throws it at the rope. He claps and it creates electricity that breaks the rope. I fall face first on the ground.

"Ow what the hell" I sit up in pain when I hear voice in the background,

"I think she jumped into that bush! Let's go" it's the guards.

"Merlin, we have to go now!" I reach my hand out and he helps me up. I try to run but he pulls me back.

"Whoa why the rush? What's going on?' Merlin raises an eyebrow.

"I'll explain later I swear we just have to go quick!" i respond,

"Alright alright let's go!" still holdin my hand he runs in front of me.

"I know where to go, they won't find us. Plus it's not far from here" he says, continuing to run.

"Lead the way!" I reply, holding his hand tightly. After a few minutes of running we make it to the bottom of a hill that has a long steep path to the top.

"Tell me you're kidding" I give him a glare while trying to catch my breath.

"Cmon it's not too bad just follow me" he begins to run up the hill and I follow. We make it to the top and there is a massive castle, except it's not a castle it's just wood painted to look like one.

"Lets get inside" Merlin opens the door and we enter, on the inside it's a normal looking home.

"You should be safe, there's no way they will come looking for you here" he tells me, I quickly give him a hug before I realize what I'm doing and jump back.

"Thank you, I really appreciate you doing this," I say, avoiding eye contact.

"yea no worries, so can you explain what happened back there?" he says, raising an eyebrow.

"Yea right, well i'm sort of tight on money right now since i got fired from my job thanks to you. So I stole a necklace but some guards started to chase after me and I jumped into some bushes and walked into that trap and then you came." I can see him make a shocked face.

"So you're a criminal?" he asks,

"I was desperate, okay? I don't know what I was thinking" I cover my face with my hands,

"Okay before I comment on that, you haven't introduced yourself yet. What's your name?"

"y/n, my name is y/n l/n" I reply putting my hands down.

"Well y/n, what do you plan on doing, you can't stay here for long. Where do you plan on going for the night?" he asks with a more stern expression.

"About that, I don't really have anywhere to go. I was hoping maybe I could-" he interrupts me again.

"Don't even think about it there is no way you could stay here" he turns to the side. I walk up in front of him and clasp my hands.

"Please Merlin, I have nowhere to go" I beg him.

"You're pushing it y/n" he says annoyed

"I know but I need your help" I continue

"Ok fine! You can stay here for 3 days, alright?" he gives in and I jump.

"Yes thank you so much!" That's when the rest of the fearless seven leave their rooms.

"Well I guess we have a new roommate, pleased to meet you again y/n. Allow me to show you to your room" Jack puts his arm around my shoulders and takes me to my room for the time being.

"Whenever you're done settling in, come eat, Hans has just started making dinner" he says about to leave.

"Thank you Jack, I really appreciate all this."

"Of course y/n" and he leaves. I plop onto my bed and just lay there for a bit looking up at the ceiling.