Part 9: This isnt your fault

The thief takes a horse and runs off with it, merlin and i catch up and each grab a horse. The thief starts running towards the town's exit.

"I know a shortcut, You keep after him!" merlib yells, I nod and Merlin takes his horse behind a building. I continue to run after the thief. I start to worry as the thief gets closer and closer to the exit.

Just as the thief is about to make it through the exit, Merlin jumps in front of him, causing the thief to attempt to stop his horse which makes him fly forward. I take this opportunity to take my horse and catch up to the thief.

"Give up, you're outnumbered" I talk down to the thief, he laughs and gets up.

"You won't get me that easy" he pulls out a sword and points it to me. I'm surprised but get off my horse, I pull out my sword and get into a fight stance.

"Wait!" Merlin runs up to me after he jumps off his horse, "I didn't realize it was gonna be this serious let me do this" he puts his hand on my shoulder and we make eye contact. He looks really worried.

"Merlin I've got this" I assure him and he nods and steps back. At this point a large group had gathered to see what all the commotion was about.

"M-Merlin? Like Merlin from the fearless seven?" The thief starts to stutter, having a look of distress on his face.

"Don't worry about him, worry about me" I say to the thief and he shakes his head.

"Ready?" I ask,

"Ready.." the thief replies. And we charge at each other, our swords hit against one another's for a while. He tries to stab me but I manage to dodge it. I'm able to get a few scratches on him but nothing to get him to surrender.

The thief hits my sword and twists it so that it flies out of my hands, then he points it at my head.

"You ready to give up?" He asks me, I start to worry but then look at the crowd of people. I can't let them down. My hands form two fists and I put them beside my face.

"Meh, I'm better with my hands anyway" I remark and the thief just chuckles. I look over at Merlin and I see him reaching for his spells. I mouth 'I'm fine' to him and he frowns. I look back at the thief and nod.

He lunged forward and I step to the side, he continues to try and stab me, but only lands a few scratches here and there. He lunges once more and I take that opportunity to trip him and get on top of him.

I put his hand with the sword over his head preventing him from being able to use it. Yes I got him! I get excited when suddenly.

The thief grabbed a small dagger from his pocket using his other hand and stabs my thigh.

"FU**!!!" I scream falling to the ground grabbing my thigh. Ive never felt this sort of pain, god it hurts. The thief takes this chance to run but Merlin body checks him to the ground then throws a spell at him. He ties the thief then runs to me.

"I'm so sorry y/n! I knew I shouldn't have let you do it on your own. SOMEONE GET A DOCTOR!" Merlin yells picking me up and running after someone waving their hand to follow them.

"Merlin....it hurts so much" I tell him tears falling from my face, my voice trembling.

"I know I know, we'll get you help just stay with me okay?" Merlin continues to run, he enters a house and lays me on a bed. A woman starts to cut my pants and examine the wound. she starts to clean it before, without warning, dabbing alcohol on it.

I scream in pain and Merlin grabs my hand. The doctor stitches the wound and wraps my leg with a bandage and leaves the room, At this point I'm so exhausted from the pain I just fall asleep.

*time skip*

After an hour I wake up and I see Merlin pacing in the room I'm in.

"Merlin? What happened?" I ask him, very tired.

"Oh thank god you're awake, I'm sorry y/n this is all my fault" he goes to me crouching to meet my height.

"After that damn thief stabbed you I got him to the ground and tied him up, then rushed you here and a doctor took care of your wound" he looks at me with guilt in his eyes.

"Hey this isn't your fault, thank you for saving me yet another time" I laugh and I see him smirk. That feeling in my stomach again.

"So did we get him?" I ask Merlin, he looks at me and smiles.

"Yeah thanks to you" he chuckles.

"If it weren't for you at the end there we wouldn't have got em" I tell him, Merlin furrows his brows.

"Y/n you did really good out there, besides this is your first "mission" remember? Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll get better and better just watch" he takes my hand and rubs it using his thumb.

"You're only being this nice to me cause I'm hurt aren't you?" I laugh. He lets go of my hand and gets up, running his hand through his hair.

"You got me there princess" he replies jokingly,
"But on a serious note, you have to stay here for the night, to regain your strength" he says in a more serious tone.

"No im fine I can make it back to the house" I say starting to take the covers off the bed.

"Nonono you need to rest" Merlin protests walking towards me with his arms up.

"Merlin I'm fine I-" I try to get up but my leg fails me and I fall, thankfully Merlin catches me.

"What was that again?" He looks at me. I look away from embarrassment and he helps me back into bed.

"What about you? Where are you gonna go?" I ask Merlin worried.

"Probably gonna head back before it gets to late, unless you want me to stay?" He asks me.

"I-" what do I want? Should I ask him to stay? No ive already bothered him enough.

"No it's alright I can manage fine on my own" I reply.

"Okay" Merlin says. He seems a bit disappointed.
"If you need anything the doctor is next door, I'll start to head back now" he reaches his hand out before flinching and taking it back to his side.
"I'll see you soon y/n I hope you start to feel better"

And with that he leaves.

Authors note: okay I'm finally officially back!! I'm sorry for the wait again. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!