chapter 13: how could I say no to her?

y/n and I leave the hotel and meet the others outside, the streets are already decorated in beautiful lights and people are enjoying the festival. I looked over at y/n, she was in awe, I knew this would work.

"Alright guys, lets go enjoy this festival!" Arthur motions for everyone to follow him. I hook my arm with y/ns and we start to look at what the vendors are selling. y/n walks up to one who is selling crystal necklaces.

*y/n's pov*

"Wow, these are all gorgeous! Look merlin!" I call out to Merlin and he comes over and looks with me.

"Hello there lovely lady, how can I help you today?" a man covered in wrinkles and gray hair asks me.

"What are these?" I point to the necklaces.

"These are crystals, they can help you with many different things. Each one does something different, pick one that speaks to you and I'll tell you what it does." the man explains, I raise an eyebrow to this but I do as he says. There's a crystal I keep looking at, a deep red one wrapped in golden wire.

"This one" I show the man, he picks it up and takes a closer look at it.

"Ahhh I see, you picked the garnet. This one helps with many things, but in your case it inspires love, boosts self esteem and healing." the man tells me.

"How does it help me with these things?" I ask

"As long as you keep it with you and believe it'll help, it will '' the man explains, I think for a sec and look at merlin. He looks unconvinced, it is really pretty though.

"How much for it?" I asked the man.

"20 golden coins" he responds.

"Shit I dont have that kinda money on me" dammit I actually wanted that necklace.

"I'll pay for it" I hear merlin say, he then quickly hands over the coins and takes the necklace.

"You didn't have to do that" I told him, a bit confused.

"I know, but I wanted to. Now turn around ''Merlin says to me and I listen. He then ties the necklace around my neck. After he finished I turned around to face him.

"That necklace suits you" he says while fixing it a bit. I look up at him while he does this and squint my eyes a bit.

"Why are you being so nice right now?" I ask him, he stops fixing my necklace and looks at me a bit flustered. Has he always been this...no it's just the lighting.

"You've seemed sad these past few weeks, I just wanna get back the old y/n" he flinches and then ruffles my hair.

"Hey! Not the hair!" I slap his hands away and quickly try to fix my hair.

"Sorry princess didn't mean to make you mad" he smirks and walks off. What is up with him?

"Wait up!" I quickly ran to catch up to him.

*time skip*

me and the rest of the group have finished visiting all the booths and even tried some of the food. Finally it's dark and everyone gathers to the town center where there is music playing and people are dancing.

"We should join them!" Hans says point to the people dancing.

"I'm not much of a dancer" I say, because it's true.

"Me neither" Merlin adds,

"Oh C'mon guys, have some fun. Let's go" with that hand grabs my hand and takes me to dance. At first I didn't like it but slowly as I watched everyone else, plus hans' encouragement I started to have fun.

I smile and even laugh, I haven't had this much fun in a while. I look over at Merlin who's standing with his arms crossed. I Motion with my head for him to come but he just shakes his head. So stubborn.

I stop dancing and walk over to him, grabbing his arm attempting to pull him to dance.

*merlins pov:*

"I'm not in the mood right now y/n" I tell her as she continues to try and pull at me.

"Please merlin? Just for a little bit" she says while she stops and looks at me. I look at her face, how could I say no to her?

"Fine" I take her hand and we go to the center to dance. We dance together and I have to admit, it's pretty fun.

"I thought you said you weren't much of a dancer?" She says to me with a smirk.

"So did you" I say to her.

"Yeah that's true, look at us now" she laughs a little while saying that. Of course a slow dance comes on right as this happens and we look at each other awkwardly.

"Now this I know" I say while taking her arms and putting them around my shoulders and I put mine around her waist. I watch her face go a bit red and she turns away. I chuckle at this.

"What are you laughing at?" She quickly looks at me.

"Nothing nothing" I tell her.

"Anyways, where did you learn to dance like this?" She asks me while we dance.

"I've had my fair share of slow dances' ' I reply and I watch as her face looks a bit disappointed. Did I say something? Quick do something. Without thinking i dip her, our faces are merely a few inches apart slowly I lean in and i watch her eyes close when-

*clapping* The dance is over and I help her stand up. Shit.

(don't question how quickly the song ended)

"Alright guys, time to go to sleep. We have to wake up bright and early tomorrow to get back home ''Arthur tells all of us and we start to head back to the hotel. Me and y/n and just awkwardly walking next to each other, not saying a word.