X

Tyler

21.03.15

3:24 a.m.

I woke up in a dark place. I then look up and look around. I walk straight forward, until I bump into a door handle. I fall onto the ground, and tried to pick myself up again. But I couldn't. My hands were cuffed and I couldn't do anything.

"HELP! SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF HERE!" I scream. No use. Then, the door opens and I try to make a run for it, until someone shoves me towards the ground. A flashlight shines in my eyes. It was Dr. Winston.

"So you finally awoken. It has been a few weeks since you have been injected with a medication that makes you sleep. I didn't know it would last that long."

"Why the fuck am I in here? Why am I cuffed? Why was I sedated? And also, why am I wearing a black jumpsuit like the one Troye wore?"

"Calm down with your questions. You have reached Strike 3, which made me have a guard sedate you for a few days. It turned out to be a few weeks."

"Why? What's strike 3?"

"It's where a doctor or nurse or therapist, or sometimes a patient, but most of the time it's a worker, reached their third strike. Their strike when they did something bad. And you did something bad. For love. It's disgusting. So now, I have called your family and told them that I have diagnosed you with paranoia."

"But I don't have—" He interrupts me with a slap across the face. I gasp.

"Silence! Now, where was I... Oh yeah. I diagnosed you with paranoia and they seemed to believe it. They were sad, though. I said that you had really bad paranoia, so you can't be visited frequently due to your dangerous disorder. I know that you know that you don't have paranoia. But your family thinks you do. So, if you try to escape, I will have posters and news reports about you gone missing and that you're going to murder people."

I was shocked at his reply. Then, he leaves the cell, slamming the door shut. I then sit in the middle of the room and put my head against the concrete ground. I start to cry.

I didn't want to be here. I wasn't supposed to.

12:37 p.m.

I was in a cafeteria. It was lunch time. I was being watched by three other nurses. I felt stares on me. It was uncomfortable. I hear someone say, "Wasn't that Dr. Oakley?" But most of them are talking about how I was from Ward X.

I heard the cafeteria door open. I didn't bother to look up. If I knew Troye would be in here, I would look up. But I didn't want to.

The seat next to me was taken. Well, not the seat next to me. The seat next to the seat next to me. A boy was sitting there. He was from Ward X.

Someone whispers, "Two boys from Ward X... They might kill us all!" It was a loud whisper, though. I then hear a scream coming from the person who said those words. I then look up and see a nurse sedate him. He falls limp onto the ground and a large man picks him up to put him into his cell.

I start to cry again. I thought the people in this asylum would be nice. Or that they forgot about life so they would be happy. But I guess they aren't. They're just like normal people. Just normal people with mental illnesses.

Then, I started to think about Troye. What would he say if he saw me like this? Has he been thinking about me? Where I have gone? Does he think I quit? I got fired? I died?

What really worries me is that I can't see him anymore. I can't see his beautiful face, or him, when he sings. I don't get to hear him sing. I don't get to talk to him. Which really sucks. I don't get to hear him. Anymore. He's basically stripped away from my life.