XVI

Tyler

23.03.15

12:20 p.m.

"Get up, Tyler. Or I'll shoot you," a man with a husky voice threatens. I was scared. My heart was racing and I didn't know what was happening. Who was this man? Did he work for Dr. Winston or something? Did other patients do this?

I got up quickly right then. The man cuffs my wrists together and then punches my face. "Ow!" I yell.

"Shut up!" He screams into my ear. He punches me again and after that, everything went dark.

1:41 p.m.

I woke up and I was in a room. Everything was dark. I saw nothing. Was I dreaming? Was I dead? Was I in my cell? I was scared. I wanted to just go back into my cell. That's probably the first time I have ever wanted to go back into my cell and stay there for eternity.

"Hello?" I scream. No one. Was I alone? Where are the others?

"Now, you may have been wondering where the others are, Tyler." I look up at the man who was speaking. It was Dr. Winston. I want to shove him off a bridge right now.

"What do you want with me?" I ask.

"I want you to leave this asylum. Forever." What?

"I bet you are confused, Tyler. But, I'm being serious. I want to make a deal with you. Are you in?" I nod. "All you have to do is leave this asylum. I will tell your mom to pick you up because you are feeling better and you have been cured."

"De—"

"But there is a catch. When you leave, you can never come back. You can never visit or see Troye ever again. He is spending eternity in here, you know. And others will see his improvement when you are with him. They will ask me why I'm not letting him go. And they might fire me. Or get mad at me and let him go."

"No. I don't want to go. I'd rather sit in my cell all day."

"Oh yeah, if you don't want to go, there is a catch to that, too."

"What is it, then?"

"You choose what's best for you. Either you can die and Troye will be still abused and tortured by me for the rest of his life, or he can die and you will be abused and tortured by me for the rest of your life."

The door opens. A man was holding a blindfolded man who was tied up. His mouth was covered with cloth. Then, the man who was holding that boy shoves him to the ground. He takes off his blindfold and the cloth over his mouth. It was Troye.

"TROYE!" I scream. I run out of the chair over to Troye. "Are you okay?"