Mother Spore

When had it all gone so wrong? It was just supposed to be a fun joke, something they could look back and laugh at... So, why didn't it seem that way anymore?

It had only been a joke, just a fun little game to pass the time. How had it gone so wrong? Grian had just been messing around with his fellow resistance members, they were thinking of pranks they could pull on some of the other players. All of a sudden Grian could hear a slithering  followed by dull thumps against the walls.

Grian quickly shushed his friends, he was trying to listen for the noise again. It was just silence, nobody spoke. nobody moved. Grian got up and went over to the wall where he was sure he had first heard the noise. When he went over to the wall, he heard nothing and he started to think maybe the slithering and thumps were his imagination. He went to put his hand on the wall to feel for vibrations. When he put his hand on the wall and he didn't feel anything, he nearly sighed in relief.

That was until mycelium sprung out of the walls and grabbed his hand, Seemingly trying to drag him down with it. His friends couldn't make it to him in time to stop the mycelium from dragging him down into the depths of the earth. He closed his eyes...

Should I make a part 2 to this? - Sammy