PROLOUGE : I STILL MISS YOU

MUSHROOM KINGDOM : FIVE DAYS AFTER GENESIS

POV MELONY

The mushroom kingdom. It was recently ravaged by a horrible war. If not for the guardians protection, all would have been lost. But even after such an explanation, I still miss him. I don't care about the sacrifices made, I just want him back.
I woke up in bed after another dream about him again. I slowly and groggily get out of bed. My feet hit the cold ground as I get up. I push myself out of bed and walk to the shower, after removing enough clothing I enter and turn on the cold water. The cold water hits my back and I hiss.
I've been taking a lot of cold showers since that day now. I guess it helps me keep calm.
I turn off the shower, leaving and getting clothed, I have my breakfast and I leave my home. (I don't think her home was ever shown or mentioned) and make my way to the mushroom kingdom to spend some time with my friends.
"It won't be the same without him you know. He was the only one who bothered to care about you. Funny isn't it, the person that valued you above all else, died by your hands. Pathetic."
Those thoughts again. I need to ignore them. I continue walking to my goal when something catches my eye. The cemetery where they dug His grave. I hated that day more than any other day of my life.

FLASHBACK MUSHROOM CEMETERY : THREE DAYS BEFORE

It has always been raining, ever since he died. The funeral was a challenging time for all of us, the casket they were lowering into that grave was empty. "It hurts" " "It hurts" Please end my pain! I JUST WANT HIM BACK!
As my thoughts kept kept swirling in my head, I decided to see if everyone else was doing better than I was. Meggy was sad but kept a strong face for everyone. Saiko was furious about the caskets empty insides. Boopkins stopped talking and just started crying. Bob was unresponsive to anything that wasn't anime. Tari would always check on everyone else before crying In secret. SMG4 stopped memeing for a while. Luigi had tried his best to move on but struggled a lot. And mario, He was the worst. He never talked. He didn't even take his clothes off for spaghetti. He was in sense DEAD.

FLASHBACK OVER

I started walking before I could process anymore. Even now I was still in pain.
30 MINUTES LATER

I arrived in front of the castle door. I was nervous but there was no turning back. Here we go. I thought as I made my way in. I opened the door to see everyone there talking to each other or at least trying to get Mario to. Everyone except Mario turned to me. "MELONY!" Tari screeched. "Hey everyone" I spoke. They started bombarding me with questions about my health but I wasn't focused on that. I turned my head to Mario. He was dead silent. Looking at the ground with no emotion on his face. As I kept staring, he started to move and eventually met my eyes. In just a few seconds I saw shock spread across his face as he began smiling his usual goofy smile. "MELONY" he screamed running towards the group hug. Nobody else seemed to notice his strange behaviour. He joined the hug and started asking questions as well. " How ha've you a been melony!" He asked with a smile. I was to scared to answer as I could see what the others couldn't. Mario's eyes were cold and empty. I started shaking in place. "Melony?" He asked again. I snapped out of my shock and answered him. " I'm doing okay Mario" I tried to sound as sincere as possible as I spoke to him. We all started to moved to the centre, of the castle as they started preparing to hang out once more.

PROLOGUE END

Hey everyone! Welcome to my first ever book and interesting take on the end of Genesis. I plan on updating this story as much as possible. This prologue was in melony's POV, that will not be the case for most chapters as they will either be in third person or in Mario's or Ax0ls POV. And before you ask, since Axol is still merged with zero although In control he will be known as Ax0l spelt with that zero for detail. And please give me some pointers as to what I can correct!