CHAPTER TWENTY ONE : PROBLEMS AND CONFLICTS

MELONY'S APARTMENT - CURRENT TIME     

Sitting in his old room was Ax0l, unable to remember anything about the room at all. He was currently on his bed, pondering on what had happened, the amnesia, the girl, the encounter, Melony... It was more than overbearing, he hated it. How had he gotten here? Why in the hell would he tell a girl to strike him down? It didn't make sense and everyone here was not helping. Just thinking about it made his head hurt.      

Standing in the room opposite of his, Melony was currently out cold on her bed, Luigi and Meggy having a discussion next to her.    

"I'm telling you Luigi, something's wrong with Axol. The look, the attitude, hell, was he ever that strong?"

"We-a do not know, w-what matters is that h-he's-a alive..."    

"Yeah, you're right, whoever is alive..."   

"Meggy... y-you d-don't-a really think-"   

"I do, because right now, I care more about Mario."     

The two sat in silence, the tension stopping any meaningful conversation in its tracks. Now don't get Luigi wrong, he loved his brother, more than anything actually, problem was that Mario had disappeared completely. How could he assist Mario if he had no idea where he was? Inkopolis was a big city, and they weren't big enough of a group to cover it all, not even the whole gang could.    

"... So... My-a brother really is a weirdo huh? I-a mean, w-who pretends to be-a dumb?..."   

His attempt at lightening the mood failed as soon as Meggy looked over, clearly frustrated.   

"Ha, ha."   

... What was he supposed to do here? Meggy wasn't cooperating and that nightmare was keeping on edge. He sat in silence, thinking on things as the two sat in the awkward air. A knock sounded out on the door before it was opened, the subject of their conversation entering as Ax0l was given two strange stares.   

"... What?"    

"Eh... w-well, it's a bit-a weird s-seeing you a-alive and well... n-not evil..."   

"I don't trust you, not at all."   

The room became more awkward as the two stared at the stubborn girl, one appalled while the other did not care less.    

"What about the girl?"   

"Melony, she's called Melony."  

"She cut me open, I couldn't care less about what her name is."    

"N-Now, n-now, n-no need for-a fighting."  

"Butt out Luigi, I don't think I like this guy very much, he's very un-Axol-like."   

"Oh yeah? Well I don't care what you think, Melty."   

"Melty?! It's Meggy! For the fifth time!"  

"Shut up."  

"Make me!"    

The two looked at each other with less than good intentions as Luigi moved out of the room, he wasn't going to be able to stop this, not even if he went full power. Luigi sat on the couch, looking out at the city from the massive hole in Melony's apartment as the sounds of yelling erupted from the room next to him. This was not going to be fun for anyone.    

"Oh brother, it's-a all falling apart now..."   

WHAT A SPLENDID RETURN! AND I WILL BRING MORE! THIS STORY WILL NEVER DIE!