CHAPTER SIX : MADNESS

THREE DAYS AFTER GENESIS: MUSHROOM KINGDOM GRAND HOSPITAL

THIRD POV

Inside of a room in the ever so large hospital, lies a severely bandaged and restrained axolotl. The creature was asleep, unaware of it's circumstances. A few minutes later, the doctor arrived in the creature's room. He believed it was time for the patient to wake up. Using a light dosage of adrenaline, he injected the creature with it. Barely a second passes as the axolotl slowly opens it's eyes. To it, this room was unfamiliar. Alarmed, the axolotl attempted to get up only to be restrained by his binds. Where was he? "Good morning sir." the doctor stated. Confused the axolotl replied "where am I?" He asked. "You are in a hospital sir. You were found outside of the city borders in a crater, bleeding to death." The doctor stated calmly. The axolotl however, was scared. "How?!" He nearly screamed. "We don't know." The doctor replied again. "I see..." disappointed, the axolotl leaned back in the bed. The doctor had told him that he currently suffered from a severed arm, severe head trauma, and several cuts spreading across his body. His legs were unable to function for a week and his memory loss has been so damaging to a point in which it may be permanent. According to everything else he said, the axolotl is blind in one eye and matches no other identity in their database. Shocked and confused, the axolotl decided that sleeping would be able to help his recovery. Tired and battered, the axolotl slowly closed it's eyes once more and began dreaming.

INSIDE THIER DREAMS

The axolotl stood alone in a dark, empty room. The air was thick and there was no sound in hearing range. The axolotl was looking around in fear, wary of it's surroundings. That's when the laughing started. The axolotl quickly turned around to see nothing. another laugh. Shifting his head once more only to see darkness. Another laugh. The axolotl began to take steps backwards out of fear of the dark and the laughter inside of it. "Behind you" The axolotl turned around in shock, only to see something horrifying. There stood a girl in a hoodie, all grey with no colour, and an empty smile on her face. The axolotl then heard walking and turned to the source. Around the axolotl stood eight different figures in grey, all wearing that empty smile. "W-what do y-you W-want from me?" He stuttered out. The figures simply took a step closer. Scared, the axolotl started to back away only to realise he was surrounded. "I can't escape." He said to himself. Fear turned into desperation as he looked for a way to escape, the figures getting closer with every second. In a final and vain attempt, the axolotl screamed at the top of his lungs. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" The axolotl made a slashing motion with his arm. Mere seconds after the motion was made, the heads of the figures flew into the air. They had been decapitated, but by what? The axolotl slowly looked towards his hand, his expression changing from one of fear to one of madness. I can kill them! He thought. He turned around only to freeze in place. In front of him was a sword, wielded by the girl wearing the hoodie. The girl wasn't smiling anymore, her expression dead and her eyes glazed. He was about to move, but something clicked in his mind. This sword wasn't pointed at his neck, but at his chest. The edge mere inches from the scar across it. "That sword! But that means..." the axolotl trailed off as he looked at the girl once more, hatred boiling in his veins. "IT WAS YOU!" In mere seconds the girls limbs blew across the ground, splattering the axolotl with blood. But he was not scared, lowering his hand, he knew what he had to do. He needed to find out why she killed him. Why she started this Madness.

THE MORNING AFTER

The axolotl was walking down the street. He had a big grin on his face. He had found out his name and his attempted murderer. He knew it would take time to find her, but that only makes him more determined. Ax0l turned to a subway entrance as fire trucks blazed past him, speeding towards the flaming hospital behind him. Ax0l entered the subway and approached the station board. While looking through said board, one caught his eye. Inkopolis square. Deciding to trust his instincts, Ax0l made his way to the station platform to wait for the trains arrival. Upon reaching the platform, he spotted a damaged cape. Picking it up, he inspected it further. There was a three crudely sown into the fabric, and although there were a few tears, it was in quite good condition. Making a decision, he donned the cape. The cape was good for covering his lack of an arm, and he could also cover his destroyed hips or at least what was left of them. The cape swished to the side as his train arrived. He boarded the train, heading to Inkoplolis.

And done! I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. I know the previous one was short but this one should pay you off for now. And don't worry. The horrors of the hospital shall be covered in another chapter when I run out of ideas. Anyway! Enjoy your day!