chapter 5

You got back and gave 4 the sardinium and zap fish and went through the Grate and left the two girls standing there.

4: Seems like he's a bit...mad.

Marie: Can't say I blame him. He was the best that grandpa had and when he went Missing grandpa decided to find a new replacement.

4: Did he not care?

Marie: Pardon?

4: when y/n was gone did he even care?

Marie: Yes he did and he felt responsible for his death but what we all didn't know was that he survived. If grandpa was here as well as his replacement I don't want to know what would happen.

4: Do you have any idea where he lived?

Marie: I...I don't know, I never knew where he lived only that he was recruited by grandpa.

4: do you think he'll still be around after this is all over?

Marie: probably, probably not we can't force him to stay. whatever happens, happens.

4: Do you still want him to be with us in the future?

Marie: I do but it's his decision not ours.

Meanwhile with you.

You got up from the grate and began to walk to the abandoned lab you made sure no one was around once cleared you open the pathway and enter the lab.

You looked at the lab and you sighed.

Y/n: Was I Really that easy to replace?

You talk to yourself as you wondered if you wanted to continue to be with the Splatoon or not.

Y/n: and I Guess this is my home now, at least this is better than up there.

You scowled the last part but you calm down and looked around and saw the experimental heal pod and it looked like it was used.

Y/n: Was someone in here with me?!

You pulled your hero shot as you scan the area and as you slowly gone to the pod it was empty and broken.

Y/n: Did someone broke it?

You turn and saw a barley functioning terminal and you went over there and looked at the cameras.

Y/n: It might take some time but it is in rough shape so it's completely understandable.

You waited until it turn on and there were the camera feeds that were dating back from the time the reactor explode.

Y/n: Might as well see how I survived that.

You open the file and saw recordings from the day of the explosion it was all static for the first few hours until it showed you the feed of you under a pile of rubble and the Experimental heal pod activating. It turned it self on and picked up your unconscious body and placed you inside it and soon you were completely covered in green liquid and the machine began to put life support systems online and fast forward and saw the machine was still there as you were in the pod and you the machines panel grow green and drained the green liquid and took off the life support systems on you and it deposit you on the floor.

Y/n: That explains how I survived but I am wondering why is the machine broken?

You looked back the the recording and saw rubble falling on the pod and began to break it and it's stored fluid.

Y/n: Well that's why it looked so broken.

You continued the recording and saw yourself woken up and head outside and soon the recording stop to the current time.

Y/n: So no one was in here, that's good at least. But I wonder if I can fix this place up?

You checked the terminal and check the labs condition and it is extremely damaged and looks like the wiring are in need of repairs but at least the plumbing and ventilation are alright.

Y/n: So I need to fix the lab and it's interior...this is going to be a pain.

(Time skip)

Y/n: And done!

As you finished the last panel and soon the lab began to regain power.

Y/n: I don't know how I did it but I'm glad it's done it would have been impossible to fix but luckily I found a book on the lab even if the pages were faded it's still readable.

You then heard the terminal blink and began to go to it and saw some messages.

Y/n: Huh weird I didn't even know that this received messages?

You looked at the terminal and saw a bunch of people chatting in a room.

Y/n: I wonder what this is?

You then began to read it and saw a bunch of people were chatting until you saw cap'n cuttlefish In There.

MC. Princess> Bahaha! Dudes screen name is just his first and last name. Gotta love old people lol.

Dj_Hyperfresh> Hi, captain Cuttlefish! Can you see the chatroom okay on your cell phone?

CraigCuttlefish> I CAN SEE IT JUST FINE THANKS FOR ASKING.

CraigCuttlefish> BUT ALL MY LETTERS ARE BIG FOR SOME REASON?

You laughed at the Captain as he Wondered why his letters were big. You began to join the chat room under (Gamertag name) Gt/n.

Gt/n> Um cap you accidentally press the cap lock.

MC. Princess> Holy mackerel, who the shell are you?!

Gt/n> The names Gt/n and I'm just interested on what you guys were doing

MC. Princess> Yo marina how did this kid get into the chat room?

Dj_Hyperfresh> I don't know but I'll look into it later for know though

Dj_Hyperfresh> It should be the button in the lower left, depending on your phone.

Dj_Hyperfresh> Btw, I was able to hack into the CQ-80, So agent 8 should be able to see our chat logs.

Y/n: What the, did the cap recruit another one?

Gt/n: The shell is an agent 8?

MC. Princess> Oh cod I forgot you were still here?!

Gt/n> It's alright I was always looked as the forgettable one

MC. Princess> Sheesh that's rough buddy

Gt/n> You get used to it when time passes by.

CraigCuttlefish> Te$+, 1 @m cUtTleF:$h

Gt/n: I hear ya loud and clear cap

Dj_Hyperfresh> Agent 8, we'll send you a dump of our latest chat logs every few stages. Keep an eye out!

MC. Princess> Yo cap how did you even type like that? You gotta show me.

Gt/n> Heading off, this is Gt/n Signing off

MC. Princess> See ya

You sighed as you were kinda glad that the cap'n was safe, you know that Marie was in so much stress after Callie went Missing. But you still feel kinda hurt that you were replaced but it was understandable you were gone for two years.

Y/n: I was 17 so right now would make me 19 which means im almost allowed to drink alcohol.

You were trying to make yourself happy but you can't stop thinking about being replaced.

Y/n: I wonder what the cap'n will do when he sees me?

You sigh as you go to the exit and head towards Octo canyon.