chapter one

⤷𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐀

Music resonated through the room as the players woke from their slumber one by one. It's quite clear that they are wary and confused on what this place is, and also why they are wearing a white and green tracksuit with numbers written on it.

Some asked the others, trying to find any sort of information but found none. As much as you wanted to say something, you don't want to deal with 𝔥𝔦𝔪 just yet.

What caught your attention was a commotion made by 101, who is fighting a girl with the number 067. You can hear what they were arguing about, mostly about her owing him something when he helped her back then.

"........456?" You whispered to yourself as the man stopped the fighting, only to face the girl and saw the scar on her neck. Not gonna lie, the girl herself is gorgeous on your opinion.

"It's you the pickpocket!"

So she stole his money? You are very much intrigued on what will happen next, only for them to argue back and fourth verbally until the doors opened, the group of masked people entered the room in a fixed manner.

But what stood out the most is the one in the middle, wearing the same clothes but a different mask that set them apart from the rest. 

You then stepped down from the bunk bed and watch it all unraveled from afar. The same old speech will be given yet the amount of money will be rewarded is still based on the numbers of players in this room.

"I would like to extend an hearty welcome to you all. Everyone here will participate in six different games over six days. Those who will win all six games will be rewarded a handsome cash prize."

After the person said that, everyone was divided whether or not this is something they want to do.

Money is something that drove people to do things they couldn't believe was humanly possible yet this group of masked people are saying that they should participate in some games and if they win, money will be handed to them that easily?

It all sounded way too good to be true.

"How are we suppose to believe you? You suddenly put us to sleep, take our phones and wallets away. Then bring us to this mysterious place. Now you show up saying you'll pay us handsomely for playing a few games? Do you expect us to believe that?"

"We reluctantly took those measures to maintain our confidentiality of bringing you here."

Too bad then. You chuckled, not minding the confuse stares of the people around you as you listened on the staffs had to say.

"We'll return everything once the game is over."

Another one asked a similar question regarding why they are wearing masks in which they replied with saying that they do not disclose any information about them to the participants of the game to ensure fairness.

"I don't trust a word you just said." The man with glasses voiced out, gaining everyone's attention including yours, "You lured, kidnapped, and locked us out. You make all kinds of excuses to keep yourself hidden after all those illegal actions."

"I wouldn't actually call that illegal, Number 218." You absentmindedly commented, "That person handed us the cards personally....... and we're the ones who contacted them in order to join, so there's consent to this."

"Are you out of your mind?" He retorted back, scowling at your direction though that same condescending smirk is still plastered on your face as he looked at the number on your jacket which is, 227.