chapter eight

⤷𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄'𝐒 𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌

Later on, everyone did introduce themselves to one another and you hesitantly did so along with Sae-Byeok who have no intentions of making friends.

Not only you didn't want them to know your name, its that you knew that if they said that in the presence of the wrong people, that could be their demise.

There are 27 players who got killed which mean there are 80 players remaining.

Throughout the night, you don't have to sleep since who knows what may happen. This affected the course of the next game or there is a particular reason why they wanted to separate the weaklings.

001 stayed awake, more like he couldn't fall asleep. Its clear that fear had taken over some people in this room as the lights were once again turned on and the same music woke everyone up.

Gi-Hun was the first one to notice that the old man was awake all this time and immediately voice out his concern, ''Did you stay up all night?'' 

The old man was taken aback about the question but answered nonetheless, ''Yes.'' Il-Nam then explained further why he decided to not sleep last night, ''i was afraid they might attack again.'' 

''No, they won't.'' You stated, glancing at the other players in which most of them have injuries from the last fight though 101's cut was mysteriously stitched up by the doctor which doesn't make sense since there is no proper medical supplies handed by the staff, ''To each their own I guess.'' 

Shrugging, you chose to ignore the fact that everything that had been happening is very suspicious. A circle asked if a player knows another person named In-Ho, revealing the main reason why they entered the room in the first place. They weren't there to assist moving the dead bodies to the coffin but have an entirely different reason why. 

And if that's the case, there's only one person who is idiotic enough to infiltrate an unknown location. 

''You must be so tired then.'' Gi-hun said. 

Il-Nam only let out a chuckle, insisting that it's no problem at all, ''I'm fine. You don't get much sleep once you get old.'' He then stopped momentarily before continuing to explain, ''I wasn't much help so the least I can do is stand night watch.''

It wasn't long before the same robotic voice resonated throughout the room, indicating that it's another day of playing the games until one player remains and will be determined as a winner, ''The third game will begin momentarily. Follow the staff's instructions and proceed to the game hall.'' Just as the woman said that, the doors opened and four masked people entered and is holding rifles close to their chest, ''The third game will begin momentarily.''

You turned to your 'teammates' and ushered them to go down or else the staff will forcefully do so, ''You gotta do what you have to do.''

...

All of you soon found yourself being lead to a white room and while on the way there, you managed to overheard what the next game could possibly be. The information could be from the doctor who stitched 101's injuries last night but judging by the way this player is exchanging glances with 212, something happened last night and it is repulsive. 

''This game will be played as a team.  All players, please divide into teams of ten people. You have ten minutes, ten minutes.'' 

''Yeah, sure. We hear you.'' You muttered through gritted teeth as you made your way to where Gi-hun and the others were, trying to see if you can join their team since these are the group of people who can serve a great entertainment for you.