chapter seven

⤷𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇𝐘

The game is still ongoing and Joon-Ho found himself in the playground, taking glances here and there if he could see if his brother and you are joining the games.

"Number 29." Another voice called out.

He turned around and saw a square mask one. Joon-Ho didn't say anything as the rule states that they shouldn't speak first to their superior, but this time, they're the one who spoke first which gave him permission to reply back.

"Yes sir."

"What's your duty today?"

"My duty is......" Joon-Ho trailed, not really remembering why is he even here or what is he suppose to do after he killed the original no. 29 without getting any information on what the job is.

"Number 29, your duty is carrying out eliminated players. Why are you here already?"

"I'm sorry. I got confused."

"Wait here till the games end." The squared mask instructed, "I'll have a word with you about that confusion."

He didn't even gave Joon-Ho a chance to say his response as he walked away leaving the police officer on his own to watch what will happen next.

It didn't take long for chaos to unleash as a player then suddenly stab a triangle masked staff with a needle on their left eye, grabbing the pistol on the ground and shooting a nearby masked person before taken them hostage and pointing a gun at their neck.

"You damn assholes! What kind of sick game is this? Why do some get an easy shape when others are stuck with difficult ones? Don't come any closer, you assholes!"

The guards merely pointed their rifles at the player's direction, waiting for their superior to say something.

Front Man was watching it from the screen but its time for him to take matters into his own hands knowing that some will cave in and remove their masks, making it known to others that they are also humans.

Loading the gun he had previously hidden from his coat, he is now on his way to the location where the second game is currently being held.

"I'll kill him. I'm ready to kill him." The player said.

That seemed to change everything as the staff then turned to the remaining players and started shooting them.

Blood splattered all over the playground, tainting the once innocent figment of the depiction of the past.

Joon-Ho watch as the player demanded for his hostage to take off his mask but after he did that, the player instead killed him himself, unable to shoot the staff, saying that he was too young to die.

That didn't last long since another man wearing a black enigmatic mask entered the premises and shot the staff in the head.

"Remember. Once they found out who you are, you're dead."

.
.
.

"That took longer than I expected." You muttered, looking at the players as they entered the sleeping quarters.

The first one you noticed is Ali and Sae-Byeok (she told you her name when the two of you are eating breakfast earlier and he introduced yourself to him during the honeycomb game before it started) so you went up to them, congratulating them for atleast surviving and passing the game.

"Huh? Where's Sang-Woo, the old man and Gi-Hun?"

Ali then replied, "They might be still in the game." He remembered that Gi-Hun got the umbrella which is the most difficult one to carve out compare to circle where you could just took the outer pieces slowly to unsure that no other part will break.