Settling in 

After class finished I was on the search to find a job to get money since my foster mum has my  inheritance from my real family bc I'm not 18 yet and she won't lend me any money. I found a cute small cafe not to far from the school or where I was living it was walking distance, I took the bus to school bc I didn't want to walk in the morning but the school was walking distance as well. I walked in the cafe and up to the front where you order it looks like this:

I asked one of the workers if they were looking for any more workers the girls tag said Abby

This is Abby:

Y/n: "hey are you looking for any employees?"Abby: "oh actually no we aren't sorry"Y/n: "are you sure please I really need this job I really need the money is there anything I can do?"Abby: "honey I'm sorry we aren't looking for any employees"Y/n:...

Abby: "oh actually no we aren't sorry"
Y/n: "are you sure please I really need this job I really need the money is there anything I can do?"
Abby: "honey I'm sorry we aren't looking for any employees"
Y/n: "could you ask your manager please I really need this" I said getting emotional and remembering all the bad things that happened
Abby:"oh baby I'm the manager and I'm really sorry honey, is there anything I can get you?"
Y/n"I understand uh no thank you I'm ok is it cool if I can hang out here bc I don't really wanna go home right now"
Abby:"sure hun let me know if you need anything"
Y/n:"yeah okay" I said and walked out and sat on one of their chairs outside on my phone many people walked in and out of the cafe. I was on my phone for hours wasting away time, it was getting late and the sun was going down slowly Abby walked out and said I had to leave bc the cafe was closed so I walked around the back and sat on the ground next to the big trash bin, I pulled out a photo from my bag of my real parents and brother remembering all the good times me and my family had I started crying upset until I heard someone come out the door with a trash bag I looked up and saw Abby she threw the trash out and bent down to talk to me.
Abby:"hey hun you okay?"
Y/n:"no" I said through tears"
Abby:"look how about we get you inside and get you some food and a drink hun you have been sitting out there for hours"
Y/n:"we?"
Abby:"oh luke he works late a lot of the time he's inside probably cleaning I reckon he will think your cute" she said with a smile tryna make me feel better
Y/n:"nah" I said with a little giggle wiping some tears away I stuffed the picture in my bag zipped it up and followed Abby inside through the back door. We walked in the cafe and I wiped the rest of my tears away now my mascaras smudged Abby led me to a chair I sat and then Luke came over only then did I realise it was Luke from school he saw me and then we started chatting
Luke:"oh hey y/n what are you doing here are you okay? What happened?" He said kneeling down touching my knees with his hands my head was down looking at the ground
Y/n:"nothing I'm okay "
Luke:"you don't look okay" he said putting some of my hair behind my ear then touching my cheek a tear rolled down my cheek then he swiped my tear away he gave me a quick hug. Abby came back over with a glaze doughnut on the plate and a coke she put it in front of me.
Abby:"here you better get something in that stomach you must be starving and don't worry about paying I got it"
Y/n:" what no are you sure?"
Abby:" yes hun all you need to worry about is eating that doughnut"
Y/n:"thanks Abby I'm y/n btw"
Abby:"nice to meet you hun" she then walked off to clean the counter and lock up. I looked up at Luke as he asked me to move over so he could sit next to me I did so and then took a bite of the doughnut I could feel him staring at me for a moment.
Luke:"beautiful " he said under his breath
Y/n:"what is ?" I asked
Luke:"you" he said I felt my cheeks heat up and turn into a light pink colour
Y/n:"your dreaming"
Luke:"not even the slightest bit of me is dreaming" he stated
I didn't answer back bc I didn't know what to say it was very rarely that I would get a nice comment about me, I soon had finished my food and drink when abby came back and took my plate and cup
Abby:"hey about that job you can work the same shifts as Luke  Tuesday,Wednesday and Friday after school  4:00pm to 7:00pm and he can teach you what to do"
Y/n:"wait what really are you sure that's ok?"
Abby:"yeah I guess one more doesn't hurt"
Y/n:"omg Abby thanks you so so much this means a lot"
Abby:"sure your a nice girl and should get going it's pretty late for you teens, Luke how about you walk her home?"
Luke:"yeah sure with pleasure"
Abby:"he's a nice guy when you get to know him y/n, oh and you start next week since it's Friday today"
Y/n:" ok and really thanks you" I said getting up ready to leave Luke took off his apron and put it somewhere in the back he led me through the back Abby stood at the door
Abby:"you kids be safe now"
Luke:"we will" he said and we started walking to my house I showed him the way and he told me that he only just lives a couple streets away from me we got to my house he gave me a hug I gave him my Snapchat and we said ours goodbyes. I walked in the house to my foster parents yelling at me for being home so late and getting in my face I rolled my eyes and tried to walk past when my foster dad slapped me so hard I fell to the floor he then kicked me in the stomach and Oliver came running down the stairs from the yelling he saw me on the ground crying in a ball then they backed off as he yelled at them he ran over to me helped me up and took me to my room I had a blood nose and a cut lip and probably a bruise on my side.
Oli:"omg y/n I'm so sorry are you okay I was worried you kind of jus ran after school"
Y/n:" yeah I'm great" I said coughing a little and wiping my tears Oli grabbed me a couple tissues for my blood nose and cut lip he helped wipe the blood away I was still holding my side not able to walk properly.
Oli:"I'm so sorry they did this to you god I hate them"
Y/n:"it's fine it's not like it hasn't happened before "
Oli:"you should get some rest you must be tired if you need anything I'm in my room"
Y/n:"thanks"
I was laying in my bed just thinking for about 15 mins then I got a text from Luke it said goodnight so I sent one back not long after that I fell asleep.