Breakfast

(This is what I feel like she is wearing, you may change it if you'd like 😘)

Third Person POV

Bilbo is woken from his slumber by a huge hairy man entering the house. He watched as the man looked around, taking notice of the sleeping company.

The halfling jumped at the rustling behind him, he turned to see (Y/n) get up and walk up to the hairy man.

"It is good to see you old friend, I'm sorry about our trespassing" she grabbed his shoulder in a friendly manner, in which he returned.

Beorn just grunted in return. The clogs in Bilbo's head turned. (Y/n) and Beorn must have a connection as they can both turn into a beast.

He couldn't hear any more of a conversation, so he let sleep take over him again.

Bilbo didn't wake up again until a large woodland bee landed right on his nose!

Putting on his jacket, he walks toward the kitchen, where all the dwarves and Gandalf are already seated, (Y/n) was leaning against the wall, a mug of something steaming in her hand. Beorn pours milk from a pitcher into the company's mugs.

Beorn spoke whilst staring at Thorin,
"So you are the one they call Oakenshield. Tell me, why is Azog the Defiler hunting you?" 'When does Azog need a reason to hunt and kill' (Y/n) thought silently.

"You know of Azog? How?"

"My people were the first to live in the mountains, before the Orcs came down from the north. The Defiler killed most of my family, but some he enslaved." Beorn explained, his voice filled with grief.

Bilbo sees the remnants of manacles on Beorn's wrist. They looked like they had been burnt, like someone was trying to melt them off. His eyes gazed over to the woman the opposite side of the table to him, who was also looking at the manacles.

"Not for work, you understand, but for sport. Caging skin-changers and torturing them seemed to amuse him." (Y/n) looked away in disgust, she hated that she was every apart of that world.

"There are others like you?"

"Once, there were many."

"And now?"

"Now, there is only one."

(Y/n) looked at the Skin changer with sorrow. Her mother used to speak well of the Skin Changers. Took her to their villages as a child.

"Isn't (Y/n) a skin changer?" Ori asked, making everyone turn to the warrior leaning against the wall.

"No, Skin Changers are two separate beings. Their human form, their animal form. Very little control of the animal" (Y/n) explained with an exasperated sigh. She'd often been questioned if she was a skin, or shape changer.

"So.....what's your reason?" Kili pushed, which led to Gandalf staring down at him, ready to say something.

"Much like the Arkenstone is the King's right to rule under the mountain, my changing is my right to rule Dracagoth. I am the only one, but if the fates decide me to have an heir, they will inherit the ability to change. I can control the dragon but it drains me." (Y/n) explained, like she had done what felt like hundreds of times.

"Drains you? Surely is gives you more power?" Fili questioned. All the dwarves could see she was getting annoyed.

"Yes! Think about it, my entire being is two creatures in one. The ability to turn into a dragon is more of a curse. It takes so much power, that I could end up not having enough to change back. And being a dragon comes with a list of cons as well as perks."

"Cons?" This time is was Bilbo questioning. (Y/n) eyes visibly softened before she answered him.

"With all the fire power, flight, super human strength it gives me, it also gives me the mindset of a Dragon. I can control actions and thoughts for the most part, but," she looked at Thorin with full eye contact,"drawn towards precious treasure" Thorin immediately glared at her. "But that's only when I'm near it" she saw in the corner of her eye, Bilbo shifting uncomfortably when she said the word precious.

Beorn, The dwarves, Bilbo, and Gandalf look on in silence.

"You need to reach the mountain before the last days of autumn?" Beorn said to break the silence.

"Before Durin's Day falls, yes."

"You are running out of time." Beorn stated, looking around the company.

"Which is why we must go through Mirkwood." Gandalf sighed. He knew that if Thranduil was to find out they were there, it was be very hard to make him see reason.

"A darkness lies upon that forest. Fell things creep beneath those trees. There is an alliance between the Orcs of Moria and the Necromancer in Dol Guldur. I would not venture there except in great need."

"We will take the Elven Road. That path is still safe." (Y/n) stated with a tight smile.
She knew exactly who this 'Necromancer' was. She could feel the darkness growing in her mind.

"Safe? The Wood-Elves of Mirkwood are not like their kin. They're less wise and more dangerous. But it matters not."

"What do you mean?" Thorin growled, getting concerned and defensive, causing (Y/n) to roll her eyes.

"These lands are crawling with Orcs. Their numbers are growing, and you are on foot. You will never reach the forest alive."

Thorin looks shocked. Beorn stands up from the table and faces Thorin.

"I don't like dwarves. They're greedy and blind, blind to the lives of those they deem lesser than their own." (Y/n) pulled a face of agreement, that didn't go unnoticed by Bilbo.

There was something she wasn't telling the company, he could feel it.

Beorn picks up a mouse that had been scampering on the table and holds it, all the while approaching Thorin. who is standing with his arms crossed.

"But Orcs I hate more. What do you need?"

As they step out side, (Y/n) brings her fingers to her mouth and lets out an ear piercingly loud whistle, causing the company to cover their ears.

A loud whinny is heard in return as the company sees the ebony black unicorn storming towards them.

"Hades, I have missed you" she stroked his nose before loading the Hobbit on to his back.

The Company saddles Beorn's ponies. As they ride away, Beorn, who is staying at his house, looks around for danger.

"Go now, while you have the light. The hunters are not far behind."