Chapter Three - For Better or For Worse?

Nicole's POV

I can't wait to tell Deno about Andrea's latest drama. I watch Andrea's car disappear with the young man that had such an obvious hold on her.

I shake my head, "short man mek Andrea quiet like lamb." I laugh to myself as I head into the house.

The front door is locked so I take my key from my bag and open the door. It is just some minutes after six in the evening and the house is too quiet for my three boys to be home. I wonder where is everybody. I am about to call out for the boys when I hear a moan.

I move through the living room and turn left to enter the passage that leads to our bedroom. The moan gets louder and I recognize it as Deno's. What the hell is going on? I tiptoe closer to see what's happening without being seen. I peep through the door that was slightly ajar to see Deno with his back to me kneeling on the bed naked as the day him born.

"Yeah babes," he's saying between moans. "Gyal, yuh pussy good."

I cover my mouth quickly to muffle the gasp that escaped. Deno has never ever spoken to me like that while having sex! I've never even heard this man curse. Yet here he was in our matrimonial bed with some gal a tell har seh har pussy good?! Then a wah do mine?

Tears spring to my eyes and cloud my vision as I spring on him and the filthy girl.

"Mi raw, Nicole!" He jumps from the bed and grabs my hand as I was about to hit him.

"Yuh dutty mother fucker!" I am crying and I'm furious that he caught my hand before I landed a good one, "let go mi bloodclaat hand!"

"Nicole, what you doing home now?"

Of all the questions to ask the man choose to ask me that one.

"Nuh my yard! Mi nuh free fi come home anytime mi fucking feel like!"

"Sorry, Nicole, mi just neva expect fi see yuh so soon."

"No yuh neva! A which dutty whoring gal yuh have in ya?" I yell at him then turn to the bed.

No one was there.

"Nobody and me nuh in here." He responds.

I look at him for the first time since entering the room and sees that he looks embarrassed.

"So who were you talking to? Mi hear yuh seh," I allowed my voice to trail off, now not angry enough to use such language.

"You." He says looking at his toes or was it his half erected penis?

"What you mean me? Don't tell me you knew I was behind you because you didn't."

"I was imagining that I was talking to you."

I walk past him and sit on the edge of the bed.

"What are you saying, Deno?"

"Nicole, why do you want me to spell it out? I'm already embarrassed as it is."

I turn to look at the bed where he was kneeling and saw my Vaseline open on the bed, I look at him and his hand and penis both have remnants of the Vaseline. It just dawn on me, my husband was here imagining he was having sex with me and backing his fist.

"So you couldn't wait until I get home?" I ask a little hurt at the realization.

"Nicole, I just wanted to blow off some steam," he move to sit on the other side of the bed.

"So is that how you talk to imaginary me?" I ask, my interest now piqued.

He turns away from me then says, "Nicole, just pretend you didn't hear that, I just got carried away."