Sixteen

• Dedicated to all you guys

A.N This is where is all get's exciting. And where the plot twist is revealed.

----------------------------------

Once I was in my disguise I got transport back to SHIELD HQ and met with the other council people. The woman I was disguised as was told by me to not be there. She seemed surprised that I was talking to her but she knew I was going to do something good, so she let me go.

I then noticed Alexander walking towards us. It took everything in me to not attack him here and now. I gotta wait for the best time. "Welcome to SHIELD." Alexander smiled at us and shook our hands. I shook his hand a little harder than the others but not hard enough to make him suspicious.

"An honour to be here." I told him in the council woman's voice. Alexander smiled and then motioned for us to follow him.

"How was your flight?" Alexander asked me.

"Lovely. The ride from the airport, less so." I answered trying to sound like the council woman as much as I could.

"Sadly, SHEILD, can't control everything." Alexander told us.

"Including Captain America and Agent Gomez" One of the council men said. Resist Ashley, you must resist.

"This facility is biometrically controlled." A soldier came foreword with a case of pins that we can use to get in. It's not biometrically controlled at all but I must do what I have to do to get close to Alexander and the computers. "These will give you unrestrictricted access." He continued as I put the pin on knowing it wasn't just a pin. He then lead us to his office and gave his champagne. I smelled it to make sure there was no poison or drugs put in before taking a sip.

"I know the road hasn't exactly been smooth, and some of you would have gladly kicked me out of the car along the way. Finally we're here." Alexander faced the big computer screen as we we're going to witness the insight launch. Well, so he thinks. "And the world should be greatful." I nodded with him and raised my glass with the others.

"Attention all SHIELD agents." I heard Steve's voice over the speakers. I smiled in my head hearing his voice. "This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader." I looked to Alexander acting shocked as he strolled round the room. "The STRIKE and Insight crew are also HYDRA. I don't know how many more but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury, they turned you against the woman who has held this organization together for 70 years. And it won't end there. If you launch those hellicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high, it always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." I love Steve so much, I'm glad I said yes to marrying him.

"You smug son of a bitch." One of the council men told Alexander. I knew this wasn't going to end well so I stood firm. Some of Brock's men then came in and I couldn't wait to take them on.

"Arrest him." Another council men said but Brock's men aimed a gun at the council men.

"I guess I have the floor." He won't for long.

"Ashley, they're initiating launch." I heard Maria say in my earpiece. I need to move and I need to move fast. I looked out the window and the hellicarriers were in the air and shooting at the sky. Good old Sam doing his thing.

"Let me ask you a question. What if Pakistan marched into Mumbai tomorrow and you knew they were going to drag your daughters into a soccer stadium for execution?" Alexander asked a council men and handed him a glass of wine. "And you could just stop it, with a flick of the switch. Wouldn't you? Wouldn't you all?"