Ten - TWS

rA.N It's time for the long awaited Winter Soldier part of the series. I'm really excited to write this as The Winter Soldier was so good. Plus we get Bucky again. We all love Bucky.

As expected Ashley will take over Natasha's place in the movie. I did think of putting Natasha in but I thought it would be better with just Ashley and Steve. A couple on a mission. Anyways, enjoy!

-----------------------------

*6:10am*

"On your left," I said as I ran past a guy I've seen around a few times. Because of the serum I was much faster than him. After a while I then lapped him. "On your left." I said again running ahead.

"Uh- huh. On my left. Got it." I heard him say. I then lapped him again. "Don't say it. Don't you say it." He warned seeing me coming from behind.

"On your left." I said running past him.

"Oh come on!" He complained trying to run faster. But he couldn't. I lapped him once more before seeing him tired out under a tree,

"Need a medic?" I joked walking up to him. He laughed.

"I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you just ran, like 13 miles in 30 minutes." He told me.

"I guess I got a late start." I said making him chuckle.

"Really? You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." I smiled at that. "Did you just take it? I assume you just took it." He's a funny guy. I noticed a badge on his t-shirt. I recognized it.

"What unit you in?" I asked him.

"58th Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA." He told me. He then held his arm up so I could help him to his feet. "Sam Wilson."

"Steve Rogers."

"I kind of put that together. Must of freaked you out, coming home after the whole defrosting thing." He said and I sighed.

"It takes some getting used to." I thought to myself I needed to get back to Ashley as she's probably wondering where I went. I usually leave a note but I forgot this time. She should know anyway. "It's good to meet you, Sam." I said to him before turning to leave.

"It's your bed, right?" Sam asked making me turn back to him.

"What's that?" I asked not quite sure what he said.

"Your bed, it's too soft. When I was over there, I'd sleep on the ground, use rock for pillows, like cavemen. Now I'm home, lying in my bed, and it's like..."

"Lying on a marshmellow." I finished for him. I understood what he was saying because years ago the beds weren't exactly nice. Now, the beds are so soft I forget I'm even on a bed. "Feeling like I'm gonna sink right to the floor." He nodded agreeing with me. "How long?"

"Two tours. You must miss the good old days, huh?" He crossed his arms and I sighed.

"Well, things aren't so bad. Food's a lot better. We used to boil everything. No polio is good. Internet, so helpful. I've been reading that a lot, trying to catch up." I said and he smiled.

"You missed something off that I think. A Miss Ashley Gomez." He winked and I smiled at the mention of her name.

"Well she's been with me since my teens, but having her in this time is the best part of being here." Sam smiled.

"Thing you should listen to; Marvin Gaye, 1972, Trouble Man soundtrack." I nodded and got my notebook out to right it down. "Everything you missed jammed into one album."