chapter 2

KEHLANI POV

" hi pretty girl" i said to my daughter.

she squealed and i picked her up.

" you're getting big" i said kissing her cheek.

javie handed me her bag.

" hey" i said hugging him.

" hey how's everything" he asked.

" good how about you" i said to him.

" pretty good... you look tired" he said touching my face.

" i'm fine javie" i said moving out of his touch.

" are you sure because you can c-"

the front door opened and closed. " kehlani where you at" i heard keenon yell.

i sighed.

" in here" i yelled back.

i heard his footsteps and i changed the subject.

" um you can come get adeya again maybe wednesday or friday i'll let you know" i said as keenon appeared.

" oh shit i didn't know we had company wassgood nigga" he said to javie.

" keenon" javie said.

" i told you your like my brotha call me yg" he chuckled.

" kehlani we'll be in contact about adeya" he nodded at me then walked away.

keenon was eyeing me. i picked up adeya and sat her in her play pen.

i walked passed keenon as the front door closed.

i walked into the kitchen and went to go open the cabinet when he yanked me by my arm.

" why the fuck was that nigga in this house kehlani" he gritted through his teeth.

" to bring me adeya because i was busy running around doing stuff for you so i couldn't go get her, you're hurting me get off of my arm" i said trying to snatch it back.

his hold on me got tighter.

" don't have that nigga back in this house i don't care if he's ya baby father" he said pushing me.

i hit the floor and i looked at him.

he went to his alcohol cabinet and pulled out a bottle of liquor then walked away.

i sighed standing up.

i looked at my arm and it had a bruise on it.. how did i settle for less.

i grabbed some snacks for adeya and went into her her room.

she was watching cocomelon.

i sat some puffs out for her and she ate them.

we continued to have mother and daughter time.

i pulled out my phone and checked my emails hoping at least one job contacted me back.

after scrolling through them not one did. i sighed and accidentally refreshed the page. it went back to the top and it showed i had a new email.

i clicked it and when it opened up i could just scream.

" you have been selected for a job interview at y/l/n inc for the position of personal assistant to schedule your interview at the free times please click the link below" i read.

i quickly clicked the link and the only slot that was open was 6:30.

i clicked it then hit submit.