chapter 4

i was at home getting ready to get kehlani when solána called me. i picked it up and propped the phone up.

" hey gorgeous" i said as her face popped up on the screen.

she smiled.

" hey where you going looking all nice" she said.

" going to get food with my assistant because normani decided she was going to pop up at my office this morning so we're grabbing food as a apology gift" i said.

" food is always to a womens heart" she chuckled.

" i know that's right, how was everything today" i asked.

" it was fine did a few modeling gigs and talked to a few ceos you know the usual" she said.

" that's good" i said.

" when are you and i gonna do that photoshoot that you promised me" she huffed out.

" pick a time next week i'll be there" i told her and she smiled.

" you gonna show up or will you be busy" she rolled her eyes at me.

" solána when have i ever missed something i told you i would be at" i asked her.

she sighed. " never"

" okay then jealousy doesn't look good on you im not getting with any of my assistants kehlani is cool but we're are just grabbing food" i told her.

" why does it matter we ain't together" she said.

" you only get like this when you feel some type of way about something" i said. " so what got you acting like you bipolar"

" she met your sister and in one day shayla was inviting them out to lunch and shit, it took me six months y/n" she said.

my sister put solána through hell because she used to have a little crush on me and my sister wasn't having it. she might be younger than me but she don't play when it comes down to me.

" i'm still shocked by that too but listen it doesn't matter you guys are close now and that's what matters the most, can't have my bestie and sister not like each other" i said.

" yeah" she said looking away from me.

" blair's here so i'm gonna call you later" she said.

" i'll call you after i drop kehlani off home and if you don't pick up i'll pull up to your house solána don't play" i told her.

" what if i'm sleep"

" i have a key you like being petty when i go out" i jokingly rolled my eyes.

" cause why do you need more friends when you have me" she said like it was stating the obvious.

" the same reason you have friends to be social" i shook my head.

i checked the time and it was 6:45. i grabbed my keys and picked up my phone.

" i got to go babes" i said.

" i love you" she said and blew me a kiss before hanging up.

" alright got my wallet and everything let's do this" i said.