Chapter 1: Rahni Welford

Trigger warning: mentions of abuse

I'm Rahni Welford and I am a 13 year old girl but I'm also an orphan. I became an orphan 6 years ago when I was 9, and my mother, father and twin brothers who were only 3 years old at the time, were involved in a serious car accident. I was lucky and wasn't in the car at the time but as a result I had to grow up as an orphan because the rest of my biological relatives didn't want me.
Rahni's POV :

Saturday 9:00 am
I am suddenly awoken by my foster parents Nicole and Daniel Bateman telling me that they are leaving for work and that I have to get up. "Wake up you lazy Shit! "Daniel and I have to go to work and we need you to be here when the delivery we expect arrives" says Nicole. "When it arrives, take it straight to our room and DO NOT OPEN IT!" Adds Daniel. And then they left, so there I am alone in our small appartment in a new place. I previously got moved from a foster home that I loved in New Jersey, however they found an opportunity to be an adoptive patent of a newborn baby. This meant that the 12 year old Rahni was no longer wanted meaning I would be sent away to somewhere new. I turned 13 the day I moved here which was almost 5 days ago however I haven't left the apartment yet.

It gets to 10:00 and I decide it's time to get up and have something to eat and then shower. I walk into the kitchen and see a letter from my foster parents and some money. The letter says:
'Rahni, here is some money, we want you to go out for the day after the delivery arrives but don't arrive later than 5:00pm otherwise don't come back until 1:00am as we will have our work friends over. We don't want people to know about you yet especially our work colleagues  and  friends as you are an embarrassment. We gave you enough for dinner so you don't worry us. Don't disturb us while we are out or if we have people over or are out with other people. But just don't message or call us in general because it's just a nuisance to have to respond to."

"Great" I say to myself sarcastically. I decide I'm not hungry anymore so I go have a shower. I get my clothes for the day and other stuff needed to have ready, and then I turn on my playlist full of depressing sad music that reach how I feel. I spend 10 minutes crying on the floor of the shower and then I finally get up and get dressed, straighten my ugly curly hair, brush my teeth and cover up the bruises from when Daniel was drunk last night with makeup. The bruises hurts like hell still because of how hard he hit me, and I need to be careful of them and that if they hurt to go get some pain relief. By the time I was finished getting ready for the day it was 12:00 (yes it took me 2 hours to have a shower and get ready). I walk out of the bathroom and start to get myself ready to go out for the day but I soon enough hear a knock on the door. I open it it up when I see that it is the delivery man with the delivery for my foster parents. I place it in their room unopened like they told me to (knowing it's either illegal or stolen stuff). I then walk out the door and lock it but then realise I left my key into the apartment inside but I just decide I'll find something to do till later when Daniel and Nicole get home. I go downstairs and start walking to a park down the road knowing I have my sketch pad in my bag. I finally reach the park but check my phone which is on 30% because I was too sore and tired after Daniel finally passed out drunk, to put my phone on charge.

It reaches 2:00 and I'm finally starting to feel hungry so I start to walk to a nearby petrol station to get myself a red bull and small bar of chocolate to keep me going until dinner. I sit on a seat at the park again until i start to feel weird so I stand up and get really light headed. I start walking to shops to see if it makes me feel better but after getting up and taking 5 steps I pass out on the floor.

Scarlett Johansson's POV:
Lizzie and I are walking to a park with Rose because we promised her she could play at the park after lunch. I see in the corner of my eye, a young girl that doesn't look any older than 13 pass out. My mother instincts immediately kick in and I start running to the girl  but I know Lizzie and Rose are following behind me, after realising what I'm running to.

I finally get to the girl and i lay her on my lap on the chair nearby. I see a bag and a notebook on the floor and look at it to see if she has a name in it. I then realise that she doesn't have any id on her so Lizzie and I agree that Lizzie will take Rose to play while I wait for the girl to wake up. 3 minutes later the girl wake up and is startled by walking up in a random persons lap. I tell her that I saw her pass out and wanted to know if she is ok and she gets up and says she's fine and just needs to eat something.

I look at her eyes and immediately know something is wrong and what she was telling me wasn't the truth. I tell her to sit down again and tell me what is really wrong. She looks at me and I can see tears forming in her eyes so I go to give her a hug but she flinched in response. I decide that I need to introduce myself first. "Hi my name is Scarlett Johansson and I want to help you so if you can tell me where you're from and a bit about you that'd be great." "I'm also definitely not going to hurt you" I add remembering she flinched when I moved to hug her.

Rahni POV:
I open my eyes to being in some random ladies lap but she looks familiar in a sort of way but I'm not too sure. I get up realising I must have passed out or fallen asleep, but she notices the confusion on my face and she explains that I passed out. I tell her I'm fine and that I just need to eat something but I know it's only half the truth but when I think about it I feel bad for lying. She notices and says "tell me what's really wrong, I can see that your not telling me something" so I sit here for a few minutes while she says who she is, thinking of whether or not I'll actually be honest. As soon as she says her name my eyes widen and my mouth drop.... SHE'S SCARLETT FREAKING JOHANSSON!! That's why she seemed familiar in a sort of way.... Her and Lizzie Olsen were the only people that got me through life with my old foster parents. I decide to tell her the truth (secretly hoping she'll adopt me) but as I reach the part about my foster parent Daniel hitting me last night, Elizabeth Olsen and Rose walk over. I continue to explain everything while having a huge heart attack on the inside because my idols are actually listening to me. They hear my life story (pretty boring because it's just me being unwanted) but they seemed to actually be interested.

A.N
I hope this is ok.... I've never been good at writing stories and this is my first attempt. I also have realised that the grammar in this is probably not the best but it seems better than normal for me I guess.

Let me know any ideas you guys might have, and I'll try add bits of them into the story.

Be sure to look after yourselves as well too xx