Chapter 2: Is this a dream

Rahni: POV:
I finally finish explaining how I got to where I was but I realise that it's 6:30pm which meant that I wouldn't be able to go back home. Scarlett notices the stress forming in my face and asks "is everything ok?" And I start crying because I can't handle the idea of having to start my life all over again knowing i would soon enough be sent somewhere else. "I can't go home now because Nichole and Daniel said I wasn't allowed back after 5:30pm as they will have friends over, so I have to wait till 1:00am earliest to go back." "Well that settles it.... You'll come home with Lizzie and I for the night.".

Scarlett's POV:
When I hear that they told her not to go home because they had friends over filled me with anger because they only make this gorgeous girl feel like she's worth nothing even more. I tell her she's coming home with me tonight because there is no way I will let her wait until 1:00 to go home. "Scar, can I talk to you a minute please?" Asks Lizzie asks so I say yes. "Are you sure we can trust her?? I just don't want to spread around where we live if she's just a fan because I want to protect our little girl" I stand there and just think but I didn't know what to say back but I notice that Rose has just gone to sit with the girl and is hugging her. "Liz... slowly and briefly look at Rose... I don't think we have any reason to worry because they already seem to get along".
We walk back to Rose and the girl and hear Rose asking her why her parents aren't here with her and the girl just explains it all to my little Rosebud in a sweet and adorable way. I finally realise they're looking at me staring at them and they both seem confused and all I find myself saying is "are you both ready to head home?"
20 mins later:
We finally get home, however it took longer than normal because we stopped to get some food on the way home as it's pretty late and I can't be bothered cooking. We pull up out the front and I hop out to help Rose out. As I open the back door I see that Rose and the girl had fallen asleep holding hands. I stand there oblivious to Lizzie walking up behind me and I jump as I hear "that's adorable" coming from behind me. I finally wake up Rose and the girl by tapping them on their shoulders but as the girl wakes she flinched and looks around seeming a bit distressed. I realise I scared her and told Liz to get Rose out while I get the girl out and as I go over to her side of the care she immediately hugs me as tight as she can as if she was afraid I would leave her. I walk inside with the girl and we sit at the table to eat our food. "Hey hun, what's your name again?" Asks Liz, "my names Rahni.... Rahni Welford" at least I won't be able to forget her name this time and Liz saved me from asking the same thing even though she told me back at the park.

Rahni's POV:
I finish eating dinner and ask if I can possibly go to sleep because I felt like I was dreaming the whole day. "Of course sweetie, let me take you up to the spare room while Scar takes Rose to her room" replies Elizabeth. I wonder why they're acting so sweet to me... nobody has ever wanted me or ever treated me this nicely. I mean my old foster parents were great but they never treated me this well and Scarlett and Elizabeth barely know me. Am I starting to not want to go back to Nichole and Daniel?? "Honey are you ok? You seemed to be deep in thoughts.... Do you want to talk about anything?" Asks Elizabeth. "Oh s-sorry I was just thinking I'm alright.... Actually.... Never mind" I reply I want to ask her why her and Scarlett are being so nice but I just assume it's because they're trying to sound nice. "It's ok, no need to be sorry. What were you going to say? You know you can tell or ask us anything" I decide to ask why they're being so nice to me and she says "it's because we saw how much Rose liked you... she never likes new people even if they're already our friends. We also care about you and you're such a sweet and beautiful girl."

OMG they just said they care about me and that Rose likes me! Surely this is a dream right? Maybe if I go to sleep now I might wake up from this dream I wish was real.

A/N
Sorry this part took so long to be written.... Struggling with school but I thought I'd write it since I don't seem to want to do my school work.