Chapter 3: Does she have to go back

Rose's POV:
The next morning
I wake up and remember that a girl.... I can't remember her name... is in the guest room. I run down the hallway quietly so I don't wake my mummy and Aunty Lizzie up all the way to the guest room where I quietly walk is. I see that the girl is still asleep so I go to her bed and climb under the doona (not sure if that's what it is in America as I'm Aussie). I start to cuddle her and she wakes up because I feel her jump but she just cuddles me back and we both fall asleep. I really like her.... I hope mummy lets her live here with us because she's such I nice person and she gives good cuddles.

1 hour later

Rahni's POV:
I wake up to Rose and me cuddling and I realise that the day before wasn't actually a dream and was real. I look at Rose and she's already awake and looking at me. "You're really pretty" she states... "why thank you, you're prettier though" I reply.
"What's your name?" She asks me, "my names Rahni" I respond slightly giggling because she seems to forget things easily. The next statement that come from her mouth hits me and I start to wonder. "I want you to live here with me, mummy and Aunty Lizzie".... "I-um..." I'm lost at words as I try to respond but I just don't know what to say. As I go to try speak again, I hear a knock at the door so Rose and I yell "come in" at the same time, and Scar-I mean Scarlett (I don't think I'm close to her enough to call her Scar) walks in. "I just came up to tell you girls that breakfast is ready" she says and leaves.

Scarlett's POV:
I wake up and go downstairs and to my surprise Rose isn't down here yet.... Maybe she's in Lizzie's room?
I decide to make breakfast for everyone (obviously including Rahni) and when it's ready Liz comes down.... Alone. "Where's Rose?" I ask starting to stress, "I'm assuming she's upstairs... maybe she's asleep or playing in her room?" Replies Liz picking up on the stress forming in my mind.
"I'll go check and wake up Rahni to tell them breakfast is ready then" I state while walking off.

I get to Roses room but see she isn't in there so I start to worry but hope and expect her to be with Rahni. I hope she didn't wake poor Rahni up so I start walking down the hall a bit more and to my relief I hear Rose talking but I freeze at what I hear her saying.... "I want you to live here with me, mummy and Aunty Lizzie" I hear Rose telling Rahni and so I wait to hear what Rahni says but she seems to not be able to say anything. I knock on the door and walk in when I hear them saying "come in" at the same time. "I just came up to tell you girls that breakfast is ready" I state as I begin to walk out. I start to wonder why Rahni couldn't respond to Rose but I also begin to wonder whether or not Liz would want to.
I get downstairs and ask Liz if I can talk to her privately after breakfast as I hear the girls beginning to walk downstairs too.

Lizzie's POV:
Scar finally returns from upstairs but looks like she's back in her mind and the next thing I know I hear "Hey Liz... can we talk in private after breakfast?" And I immediately respond with of course because why wouldn't I say yes? I wonder if something happened upstairs with Rose or Rahni?.
We all all sit down and eat breakfast while having group discussion and then I look at Rahni and she seems to be thinking but I wonder what is going through her mind.

- skip 1 hour -

We finally finish breakfast at 9:00 as we started at 8:30 and Scar and I wash up the dishes with the help of Rahni while Rose goes upstairs to get ready for day.
Once the dishes are cleaned, Rahni goes to check on Rose while Scar and I head to the office to talk privately. As we walk in I lock the door to make sure we don't get interrupted by Rose (assuming Rahni won't walk in without knocking... hopefully) and I turn to look at Scarlett who has already turned on her laptop and is typing away at it. I walk over and see her sending an email to our lawyer. "Scar... did something happen? Why do we have to email the lawyer?" I quickly say as my anxiety is forming. "Oh-uh nothing happened I was going to start an email to the lawyer to see if there's a possibility of adopting Rahni as she's already being fostered" she replies. I go to talk but can't say anything and I start to think as I sit on my chair next to her desk.
"I-uhhhh.... Is it too early to be considering this?" I ask as we've only known the kid for not even 24 hours.
"I don't think it is... surely you are getting the same motherly instincts that I'm getting right?"
She has a point with what she says. Seeing Rahni and Rose together has made me feel a more motherly towards Rahni.
"I guess you're right... I mean there's no harm in contacting our lawyer about it and see what he says about it."

Rahni's POV:
"Rose?" I say as I walk into her room and I see her bathroom door open and the tap running. I decide to walk that way and I see her trying to brush her teeth not being too successful. "Did you want some help Little One?" (That's what I call her because she acts mad when I call her that). To my surprise she responds saying "yes please".
I walk up to her and sit on the edge of the bath and start to brush her teeth while she sits on my lap. After we finish brushing her teeth we sit down on her bed, and I decide to ask her what she meant by 'I want you to live here'. "Hey Little One?" "Yes" she replies curiously... "what did you mean by you wanted me to live here earlier?" The next statement again leaves me speechless... "I want you to be my big sister... you're cool, pretty, kind and my mummy likes you" she replied.