1.9 - Suitcases

Ophelia picked up a red knitted sweater Euphemia had made her before Ophelia left for Hogwarts for the first time. Ophelia had only worn it a few times since she arrived at school, as she felt it would be weird to be the only Slytherin wearing bright red instead of the on-theme black and green colours. 

She ruffled the sweater a bit, then folded it and placed it gently in her trunk.

"Packing up already?" Pandora asked from the door of the Slytherin girls' dormitory.

"School ends in less than a week and I haven't even started. I'm later than I planned." Ophelia said.

"Miss schedule over here." Pandora scoffed jokingly. "I haven't started either, and I don't plan to do so until the day before we have to leave."

"That's still a schedule." Ophelia pointed out.

Pandora just shrugged when she realised her friend was right.

"Do you need help packing?" Ophelia offered.

"If you want to help me."

"So that's a yes." Ophelia folded up another sweater from her drawer and then closed the trunk, even though she wasn't quite finished. "Let's go on, then."

Ophelia closed her dorm room door behind her, and followed Pandora all the way to the Ravenclaw girls dormitories.

"Oh my!" Ophelia exclaimed at the sight of the messy room when she first entered. 

Clothes all over the floor, clearly belonging to several different girls, but not a hint of distinction between the piles of garments. Of course, many different stacks of books waiting to be packed away. But, at least there were paths paved through all the stuff to make space to walk to the beds. 

"The rest of the girls are about to start packing too." Pandora said, rubbing her arm. 

"I should hope so." Ophelia said. "We'll do your stuff right now. Let's start with your clothes. Which ones are yours?"

Pandora began picking up various articles of clothing from around the room, digging through piles and looking all over to find all the clothes that belonged to her. 

She dropped a large pile of clothes onto her bed, right beside Ophelia. 

"This is all of it, I think."

Though Pandora just picked up a massive pile worth of clothes, she barely made a dent in the overall mess of the room.

"Then let's get started." Ophelia smiled.

Ophelia told Pandora to set out clothes for the rest of the week, then the two girls started to fold the rest of Pandora's clothes and place them neatly in Pandora's suitcase, ready to be taken home.

They made it through about two thirds of Pandora's clothes when there was a knock at the open door.

"Quite the mess you've got here." Regulus said. 

"It's nothing a little tidying can't fix." Ophelia told him with a smile. "How did you get in here?"

"The riddle was easy." Regulus smirked. "What's going on here?"

"Ophelia is helping me pack. I haven't even started." Pandora admitted. 

"Neither have I." Regulus said. "Want to help me, Lia?"

"Sure, once I finish up with some of Pandora's things."

Pandora tossed a jumper into her trunk without folding it. 

"Oh, you don't need to stay." Pandora said. "You have already done quite a bit. I can do the rest of it."

"Are you sure?" Ophelia asked. 

"Yeah, it's no problem." 

"Alright, then, I'll go help Reggie. I'll see you later." Ophelia said, leaving for the Slytherin dorms with Regulus.

Ophelia and Regulus left the Ravenclaw hallway and started to make their way back to the Slytherin rooms. 

"Do you have anything done yet in the way of packing?" Ophelia asked. 

"No, but my room isn't a mess like that." Regulus responded. 

"Don't make fun. At least Pandora has started."

The two of them arrived at the Slytherin boys' dormitory, and Regulus opened the door to let Ophelia in. Barty was sitting on his bed, reading a book on spells when they walked in.

"Hello, Barty." Ophelia greeted him. 

"What's she doing here?" Barty asked Regulus.

"Ophelia is here to help me start packing. She might help you too if you're nice to her." Regulus told him.

"I don't need any help." Barty growled.

"Then, you can leave us alone." Ophelia told Barty, shooting him a passive aggressive smile.

He just rolled his eyes and went back to his book, ignoring the two of them. 

"So, we could start with your clothes." Ophelia said. 

"Of course." Regulus said, turning around and grabbing clothes from the trunk in front of them. 

He placed the clothes down on his bed, same as Pandora, but Regulus had his clothes folded in neat stacks. Then, Ophelia instructed him to pick out a few outfits for the next few days and Regulus began to look through the stacks, matching up clothes for outfits.

"Thank you for helping me, Lia, really. I'll admit it's a weird thought that school is over in a week." Regulus said. 

Then for the first time, the thought really sank in for Ophelia. School would be over in a week. She would have to be seperate from all her new friends for two whole months.