chapter 2

Sacred Pureblood Ball, Yaxley Ballroom

----------------------------------------->FIVE WINTERS AFTER THAT FATEFUL DAY, IN THE YAXLEY MANOR, the Pureblood Ball was taking place. Sirius Black levelled a grey gaze around the ballroom. The chandelier there, made of pure gold, shone in all its beauty, was a stark contrast to the Black Manor, with its shades of silver, green and black. 

He looked for his sister, looking for the royal blue ballgown and the necklace made of the best jewels money could buy. Almost instantly, he identified her, speaking with her friends who had come to the ball- Valaria Bulstrode, Adelina Greengrass,  Evangeline Rosier and Euphemia Macmillan.

 "Bored? There are treacle tarts! How can you be bored?" His cousin, the prankster extraordinaire James Potter, also known as (by Sirius) treacle tart face (courtesy of James' love of them). James started to stuff his face with treacle tarts. 

"Nope." Sirius said with a charming smile. "Chocolate Frogs top the list. See?" Sirius unrolled his 'Best Sweets' list, where Chocolate Frogs were on the top, treacle tarts were second and Acid Pops at the very bottom. 

"What did the 'Pops or tarts ever do to you?" James said. Sirius rolled his eyes, continuing to look around, not paying attention to James, who was rambling on and on about treacle tarts. Bellatrix had disappeared to who-knows-where, Andromeda, who hated these galas as much as he did, was constantly running towards the bathroom and Narcissa, who loved balls, was dancing with the youngest Rosier son (aged twenty). Regulus was wearing a forced imperious look, and then plastering on a fake smile while he was forced to greet every lord and lady there. James' sister, Rosalie, was talking to her mother. Overall, it was extremely boring. 

"Bella, come quick, I can't bare to wear this thing anymore." he whispered.

"You can escape, you know. It's called Apparation, idiot" Bellatrix said, appearing right behind him and tapping him on his shoulder, making him jump. "Now, do you want to go? You're too young to learn it yourself and, besides, I've already taught Aquila and that's enough teaching for today" she said before grabbing Sirius' hand.

"Taking him somewhere, are you, Bellatrix?" Aunt Drusilla said.

'