chapter 8

--------------------------------------> THE NEXT MORNING, IN THE GREAT HALL, as usual, the mail came. Lots of owls of every breed (tawny, barn, eagle owls, snowy owls, you name it) came swooping down on tables. Aquila looked to see if she got any mail. Immediately, she spotted her family's eagle owl, called Stella, since Stella means stars. A letter was delivered to her by Stella, but she also saw a red letter. She wondered if it was a Howler for Sirius. As if on cue, Stella delivered the Howler to Sirius. She winced Her parents, Walburga and Orion Black, made up the most creative insults, and she knew because when Narcissa had not completed her third-year exams with full marks (Arithmancy and Ancient Runes were her weak points) she received a Howler by both her own parents and Druella Black nee Rosier and Cygnus Black, Narcissa's parents, about how she should improve her marks or she would have to give up one of her electives. She was interrupted from her train of thoughts when Sirius' Howler started.

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK THE THIRD! HOW DARE YOU! YOU LOST ME A BET FROM YOUR FATHER, YOU VILE CHILD! I HAVE NEVER HAVE LOST A BET! AND NOT JUST FIFTY GALLEONS! I HAD TO GIVE HIM ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY GALLEONS! WHY ARE YOU IN GRYFFINDOR! I KNOW!  YOU SECRETLY SUPPORT YOUR FATHER TO MAKE ME LOSE AND BEGGED THE HAT TO PUT YOU IN GRYFFINDOR! HOPEFULLY REGULUS DOES NOT COST ME A HUNDRED AND FIFTY GALLEONS! NOW, MAKE SURE YOU EXCEED IN YOUR STUDIES!

The Howler was surprisingly short, before it hit him on his hand (more like bounced) before become scarlet and gold smoke. After the Howler, everyone was in peals of laughter, except for a boy called Severus Snape, a half blood who looked frustrated. "Well, at least I'm not the only Black who got a Howler" Narcissa whispered. Aquila snorted.

"I'm serious!" Narcissa said

"Wow, you just stole my brother's identity" Aquila joked. Narcissa hit her hand. 

"Now now, you two, stop fighting. At least there is a wise person in your band of marauding idiocy" Andromeda mock sighed.

"Yes, I agree. How about the two of you take your bickering outside with spells?" Bellatrix said.

"Good point. Lets." Aquila said

"You're on"

Soon, after forty minutes into their duel, Narcissa was unconscious on the ground (Stupefied, probably) and Aquila was the clear winner.

"What are you doing here?" Lucius Malfoy asked, looking at them.

"Well-" Andromeda started, but was interrupted

"You see, Narcissa started it by thieving my brother's identity" Aquila said. 

"Well, five points from Slytherin." Lucius said.

"You can't deduct points from your own House, or from a Prefect or Heads. So... SIRIUS!" Aquila called. Sirius came. "What?" he asked.

"Five points from Gryffindor"

"B-but why?" he spluttered.

"For making Professor Slughorn's robes pink"

"But he deducted ten points from us!"

"Well" Lucius said before Aquila could speak. "Us, as Slytherin prefect's are both deducting five points from Gryffindor"

"That's so unfair!" Sirius whined, attempting to make puppy dog eyes. 

"Who said my little sister's pranks are fair?" Lucius countered. "She's a marauder, I swear" he said. Suddenly Sirius hugged Lucius. "Thank you so much Lu-Lu! You found a group name for us!" he said, before leaving behind an extremely amused Aquila and an extremely perplexed Lucius.

"Well, that was... amusing" Aquila said

"It was not! And, you have to help me for the upcoming Slytherin versus Hufflepuff Quidditch match!"

"Fine. But I charge fifty Galleons."

"But why? You Black's are, as Annia calls it, 'filthy rich'"

"I still charge fifty Galleons. Or. Accio Felix Felicis" Immediately, the Felix Felicis Lucius won came zooming into Aquila's hand.

"How did you do that?" Lucius said. Her wand had been in her pocket but she Accio'd it without her wand.

"Do what?"

"Wandless magic. You did wandless magic."

"Well, Lucius, I did spend my first three years at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. I received my Hogwarts Entrance letter when I was fourteen. At Beauxbatons, there is a class for wandless magic. Though I transferred to Hogwarts, I clearly still do it"

"Fine. I'll give you fifty Galleons if you help me" Technically, Aquila didn't play on the team. But she did assist Lucius in his Quidditch rituals. He called it a 'warm up', even though it was nothing like one. Only a quarter of the 'warm up' made any sense, and the others were classed as brain dead or clinically insane. But Lucius loved Quidditch. And his boggart, they found out in their third year, was losing a Quidditch match. 

***************

---------------------------> LATER, NARCISSA, AQUILA, SIRIUS, JAMES AND ROSALIE WERE SITTING TOGETHER, in the Slytherin Common Room. (Narcissa told the Gryffindor's and Ravenclaw the password) They shooed Bellatrix, Andromeda and the rest of the newly named 'Marauders' away. They were, as usual, arguing. Reason? Sirius and James boasted Gryffindor was the best House. To shut up her twin, Rosalie said Ravenclaw was the best. To shut up their second cousin, Aquila and Narcissa said Slytherin was the extreme best. Just then Aquila showed everyone the letter she had received from Stella earlier. 

"Grandma Mal thinks Hufflepuff is the best" Aquila explained, referring to the letter from their grandmother, Malania Black nee Macmillan. 

"What? Gryffindor's are obviously the best" James said in mock outrage.

"No, Slytherin's are" Aquila said.