chapter 9

A/N: I know the timeline of this all is a bit irregular. To make it clear, she's a fifth-year Prefect with an annoying pest of a brother.

-------------------------> AQUILA GOT UP FROM HER SEAT. "I have to leave, prefect patrol" she said. Sirius nodded. Rosalie and James were too busy quarreling to listen. She shrugged before leaving. Of course, ever-punctual Lucius was waiting outside the common room

"Why are you outside the Ravenclaw Common Room if you're a Slytherin?" Aquila asked with a raised eyebrow. He shrugged. "I... I was helping a first year called Severus Snape. Nice boy. Half blood, though. And I remembered your brother say yo were in the Ravenclaw Common Room"

"Of course" she said. "But I sometimes wonder whether Sirius is your adopted brother instead of my real brother. He practically sits in your lap!"

"So does Elisabetta Selwyn"

"She tries because she fancies you. But you probably don't even know that she is the founder of your fan club"

"Wow. I have a fan club and you don't" he said dryly

"I'll pray every day until I do"

"You should, and in your prayers to Lady Hecate, or Morgana or whoever you're praying to, pray for good marks in your O.W.L's"

"I will" she said dryly.

"And there are no troublemakers today"

Unfortunately, Lucius spoke to soon, since three giggling girls came. Aquila could identify them. Dolores Umbridge, whom she had the misfortune of meeting in her third year, Celeste Greengrass, Adelina's sister, and the she-devil, Elisabetta Selwyn.

"You spoke too soon, Lucius"  Aquila whispered.

"Don't say it. Don't you dare"

"I told-"

"I'll hang you by your hair"

"-you so. That was nice and poetic, you can be a poet in the future-"

"That's it."

He took out his wand to send the Jelly Legs Jinx her way, but she just simply deflected it with her hands toward Dolores Umbridge. A second later,  they heard a shriek coming from Celeste's way. Apparently, Dolores thought it was Celeste who did that and sent the Full Body Bind Curse her way. Aquila just shook her head and sneered at them. Her kind mask had apparently disappeared. "How about I end this?" Aquila said before taking out her own wand. Cherrywood, and a Horned Serpent core, 8'', Springy. It was a very rare and powerful core, Elisabetta knew that much. She also vaguely remembered it was the same core of the wands Chadwick and Webster Boot had, and they used it to defeat Gormlaith Gaunt, a powerful witch. She also remembered that when she went to Ollivander's to get her wand, Ollivander checked if the very same wand worked for her, saying that whoever were in a duel with the owner of that specific wand would get defeated. But it didn't and Elisabetta got a common Dragon Heartstring core. She was interrupted from her train of thoughts when Aquila Stupefied her and Lucius and Aquila continued their patrol. Thankfully, there were no more  troublemakers, and their patrol was over.

                                                     *******************

--------------------------------------> THE NEXT MORNING IN THE GREAT HALL, a great amusement came in the form of a mudblood girl called Lily Evans to the Slytherin table. Apparently, she was visiting her friend, Severus Snape. Firstly, Lily said "Hi Sev!" once she arrived. Severus said "Ummm.. Hi... Lily" slowly, as if each word was drawn from a deep well. And then Lily, not noticing her friend's discomfort at her arrival, said "Oh! You two must be Thomas and Zack! Good to meet you!" annoyingly cheerfully. Thomas Nott wrinkled hi nose, while Zack Everret, a halfblood, flushed. Every pureblood knew that you should address one another by their titles (Heir, Heiress, Lord, Lady, Miss, Mrs, Mister, or their last names) and could only call them by their first names if you got direct permission from the person. Severus didn't explain this all to Lily, purposefully leaving it out, but he wished he didn't. And she couldn't possibly make it worse. Severus thought. Then Lily said "Who're you lot? If Severus is kind, you all must be" like she forgot that they were Slytherins and thought they were over-exaggerated Hufflepuff's (Aquila, Sirius and Regulus knew first-hand that Malania, who was a Hufflepuff, was NOT extremely kind all the time) She was ignored, until Narcissa got irritated and said "Go away, mudblood. Nobody wants you here" making Lily look like a sad puppy as she went back to the Gryffindor table. Bellatrix scoffed. "Idiot muddy. What was Severus doing, making friends with that?" Andromeda shook her head. "She's so silly. I agree with you, Bella"