chapter 5

----------------------------->TO SAY AQUILA WAS BORED WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT. After all, she was in History of Magic, and Binns' droning voice could put you to sleep ten minutes after the class started, and on hot days, five. It was a wonder how he could talk about interesting things like wizarding wars, Witch Burnings, etc., but could make it sound so boring.  Honestly, she didn't know why Professor Dumbledore didn't dismiss Professor Binns and find a much better teacher already.  She decided to look around the classroom instead. Some already fell victim to Binns' powerful voice, some were attempting (and sorely failing) to pay attention, some, like her were looking around, trying not to fall asleep, while others (aka Lucius Malfoy) were paying rapt attention to him.  She honestly didn't know how Lucius managed to stay awake. She stared at the cover of A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot. When the lesson ended, Aquila checked her schedule again.  Next was Potions, her favorite class, and thankfully the last. She made her way to the Potions classroom, linking arms with Adelina and Evan. They saw a smiling Professor Slughorn, as usual. 

"Good afternoon, class. I believe that we have to do the pairings for this year. Miss Abbot, you are with Mister Fawley, Mister Avery, you with Miss Yaxley, Miss Black, you with Mister Malfoy. Mister Bulstrode is with Miss Bell, Miss Greengrass with Mister Rosier, Miss Greengrass with Miss Selwyn, Miss Umbridge with Mister Shafiq..." 

Aquila walked toward Lucius. She noticed Adelina walking toward Evan as well. 

"I believe you have all settled with your partners? Good! So,  today, students, we shall make a potion that will come up in your O.W.L's. The Draught of Living Death. Whoever Makes the most satisfactory potion will get as a prize-Felix Felicis. Enough for 12 hours"  Aquila's ears perked up, interested. She and Lucius got working on their respective potions. Until...

BOOM! The cauldron of whoever was behind them exploded. Most of the potion came on Aquila. Lucius only got a bit on his robes and his beloved hair. He personally mourned the singed strands. Slughorn rushed forward. "It didn't fall into any openings, did it?" he asked. Lucius replied "No, sir, but it fell into Miss Black's eyes. I don't know about Miss Selwyn, though." Soon, Aquila was taken to the Hospital Wing, and the class returned to normal. At the end, it turned out, Evan Rosier won the Felix Felicis. Elisabetta Selwyn had a smirk gracing her features.

It turned out, Elisabetta 'accidentally' poured pixie dust into her potion.