2

Sidharth

I don't know why this sinking feeling is taking over me.This is my big day , I should be happy . None of us knows what the future holds, the idea of new beginnings can feel terrifying at times. However, if you focus on that which is optimistic and encouraging, starting new can be an exciting but why can't I feel any excitement. I am getting engaged to Tiara tonight my childhood friend , perfect amalgamation of beauty and brain I should be happy...

A ping of my cellphone cought my attention.
20 Watts app messages in my all boy Watts app group.

Nayan, better known as The dslr guy has sent beautiful pictures which he has taken today during breakfast.
I kept scrolling down till I saw that particular picture...
Me hugging Tiara and Shehnaaz looking at us with those intense looks....
There is a certain kind of honesty in her eyes as if they will start speaking.
The regular spark missing, and certain kind of pain evident.

Is she not happy?
She must be tired , I wish I could go and ask her like old times when she would tell every minute details of her life. That stupid incident 3 years back and everything changed. Is she still upset for that , may be yes but I have explained her everything already. However that silly incident changed our equation for ever. That ease and flow is gone.

I can clearly remember when she was 5 or 6 she would never let Taniya or Samarth even come near me, that much territorial she was when it came to me. She used to say that she wants to marry me , my innocent Shehnaaz....
Even thinking about her brings smile to my face.

Shehnaaz- Sidharth main kabhi bhi baat nahin karungi aapse.

Sidharth- now what baba? Why?

Shehnaaz- Tiara didi said you have a girlfriend. But you can't have a girlfriend.

Sidharth- oh! Do you know what's a girlfriend .

Shehnaaz- Haan, mumma was papa's girlfriend before they got married. So I can only be your girlfriend, mujhe shaadi karni hai aap se.

Sidharth- You are a kid baba, abhi yeh sab bad talk hai jo kids nahin karte hain.
Yeah ,Tiara needs scolding too .

Shehnaaz- okay abhi can you please do breakup with your girlfriend.

Sidharth- oye! Tujhe breakup bhi pata hai.ab yeah kisne bola ab?

Shehnaaz- samarth ne bataya, we can marry if you do break up with your girlfriend...

Sidharth- ab yeah Samarth bhi pitega..

.

Another ping bring me back from my beautiful nostalgia.
Some more pictures Nayan has DM me. Some beautiful pictures of Shehnaaz. She is looking no less than a fairy in yellow and pink .My beautiful Shehnaaz.

What came next left me in fury.
" Dude can you introduce me to her, beautiful she is" Nayan has texted.
And an uncontrollable urge to smash his face with his own dslr took over me.

" Hey you there?" He further texted.

"Dude I know she is Tiara's sister, tu help kar or else I am gonna approach Tiara. She is breathtaking man" he is just not ready to stop.

Nayan is a great guy, I know him since last 2 years but suddenly a intense dislike for him emerged out of nowhere or may be I know from where.

I switched off my phone unable to bear with it any further , I will definitely deal with this dslr ma'am my way .. I tried to get some solace from sleep after deciding to skip lunch.

***

In the evening Shehnaaz got ready wearing a plum lehenga choli, did basic makeup , left her hair open and was all ready for the engagement ceremony. Fully determined to have a hold on her feelings and when she was about to go to the ballroom Taniya came running to her and before she could hug her she literally slapped her