51

"I can take the couch" He said as he realized that she had stiffened herself and was still standing near the door,it seemed as if she was evaluating something in her mind. He was not sure whether she was even listening to him. He stood near the bed and tried to decipher her expression but her face looked devoid of any emotions.

"Shehnaaz,I guess you are not okay with me being here,which is absolutely fine" he again said and also cursed himself for banging her door at the middle of the night, the room was screaming awkwardness.

"I will leave if you are not comfortable" he said but she didn't reply, to this,he too went still, wondering exactly what she had in her mind. They were no longer couples,he had no rights to even make any demands of requests.After few seconds, he started walking towards the door.

'Stay' she panted as he started moving towards the door.Tears leaked from her eyes. Sometimes we want what we want even if we know it mught turn fatal."Stay till the end." She wanted to say but just couldn't.

"You can sleep on that side of the bed,The lightswitch is on your side,please switch it off" she climbed up to her side of the bed and slept ,facing the other side so she won't have to face him,but could not sleep like that for long as the itch to see his face was making her fidgety.
Soon she turned toward him and
found hin glaring at her with so much emotion that he nearly cracked her in half. She could hear the change in his breathing when he was looking at her.

"Bed lamp rehne doon" he asked as he didn't want to miss this opertunity see her angelic face. He was seeing her like this after months.

"Ok" she just breathed.He couldn't imagine a sweeter agony, having her so close yet she was so far.

Both were trying to sleep when she realized that he was still wearing a formal shirt and trousers. For the next one hour they just tried to sleep, but no one could succeed.Their eyes were open, but lips were sealed. Shehnaaz was trying hard to stay still but he was continually tossing and turning.
She thought that maybe his clothes are not comfortable enough for him. She got up and opened her suitcase.

"You can wear this, galti se pack ho gaya tha" she said, with great difficulties,initially she was resisting to give him his T-shirt, she knew what inference he would draw out of it but she couldn't see him getting restless.His eyes became wideopen, watching her flushed face and ragged breathing.She felt a mixed emotion, she was shy with a tint of embarrassment. He extended his hand towards her and she handed him over the the t-shirt.

"Aap change karo,I need to go to the loo" she went to the restroom to save both of them from further embarrassment. He felt like yanking her towards him,he needed to tell her that she was so beautiful and loving and better than anything he deserved. That he was too twisted and incompetent for her but he wants give them selves another chance, he wanted to pull himself together for her. Before he could fathom what was happening, she was out of his sight, he too quickly changed into that t-shirt. As he wore it he felt tranquil,the T shirt was smelling like her. The same fragrance which he sometimes missed so much that he could clearly smell her in the air.

"You can switch off the light " she said coming out of the washroom after a good 5 minuits.

"Thank you " he said looking at the sealing.

"For ?" She asked and all she wanted to say was"Look at me, Talk to me every once in a while. Find me a cure for my tears.

"For letting me sleep here" he replied and she didn't respond this time. She closed her eyes and kept still for next few minutes and after around 15 minutes, she lost her consciousness to sleep and after dozing for good 2 hours she again got up and as she snapped opened her eyes ,she caught him still looking at her. As soon as she saw him glaring at her he turned his gaze elsewhere.