9

She was blank, literally blank. Still sitting beside her life, it's been almost half and hour since Sidharth's outburst.
But now he was at peace, the peace he was deprived of since last three years...

He took out his phone and made a call "Tiara , are you ready ? Okay please check if everyone is ready .... Yes mine is done too ..... Okay listen
let me know , I am in Shehnaaz's room"  he said before disconnecting.

He stared at her " sunn.... around 45 minutes hai nikalne main, ek power nap le loon, hangover is still killing me" he said .

" Yeah , of course , ap so jao main mom ke room main ja rahi hoon, mil lungi sabse,lights off kar doon? " Saying so she stood up and was about to leave when he held her hand, shaking her from inside , she could feel fire bolt running through her vains. It's not been even half an hour since she realized that he too is in love with her... Well she was not absolutely sure though on the top of it ,his holding her hand felt like fireworks , like a dream . Something we see in a movie.

" Kahan ja rahi hai?"He asked yanking her hand towards him.
Her petite frame was not strong enough to resist the jerk and she was about to fall when he pulled her towards him so that she wouldn't fall , making her sit on his lap. The proximity, not very appropriate, scandalous to be precise. Her hand on his chest, lips few inches apart from each other, eyes almost screaming what there lips could never say...

" Tu gir jaati abhi" he whispered getting a grip on his emotions,  making Shehnaaz shiver.

" Haan... Woh .... Haan main gir jati .... But Aap ne ekdum se rok liya I was not expecting it so got disbalanced." She justified trying to get up from his lap.

" Sun , mat ja....please mujhe sula degi. Chal tujhe ek task deta hoon ,sula mujhe" he started moving towards the bed still holding Shehnaaz's hand almost yanking her.
He climbed onto the middle of the bed and gestured her to sit on the head side of it and she obeyed as if she was under his magical spell.
He was about to lay his head on her lap but she placed a pillow just below his head.

              There was a time when him sleeping on her lap was a everyday affair, on weekends they along with Taniya, Tiara and Samarth used to spend time together and he would always sleep on Shehnaaz's lap, his utopia.
In many instances it was only them in his room and in many afternoon they have even slept on the same bed, alone. Back then his arms used to be her favourite pillow as it was always about them , only them but now time has changed , its no more about only two of them , he is engaged now, engaged to her sister , he is now some other women's man...
The realization too brutal to deal with ..

" Aram se so pillow pe" she said before he could say something.

" Tu jaana mat" he said , too scared to lose her again, after 3 years he was getting a sense of tranquility, he didn't want to be bereaved of it .

" No, yahin hoon ,close your eyes" she said and he did what she asked him to do.he turned towards her and closed his eyes.
She was sitting by his head, stroking his hair ever so slowly with one hand and caressing his cheeks with the other hand, she too was facing him. The sensation he felt was bewildering, there was nothing more heavenly for him which exists on this earth. He would happily trade all his accomplishments, achievements, abundance for this tranquility.He closed his eyes in ecstacy.

She wanted so badly to lie down next to him on the bed, to wrap her arms around him and sleep,Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase, just feel his heartbeat and listen to his sturdy breath but she lacked the audacity. How will it look to sleep with someone else's fiance even if it's just sleep. Her heart  cautioned.
Loving him with her whole heart and getting the same amount of love back had always been a dream for her. And now her dream seemed to be coming true ,she knew how vulnerable he was, she would have taken a step forward and he might have been her ,forever, only if he was not her sister's fiance.
She knew that's its part of loving people: You have to give things up and Sometimes you even have to give him up....