49

The hallway of a posh hospital in Delhi was strangely quiet that evening,the only sounds were from the door's closing and opening every 5 to 7 minutes. His eyes got droopy as he sat on one of the chairs of the waiting area, in front of his doctors designated cabin. But he knew as soon as he would go to bed,the sleepiness will go away in thin air. "Mr.Oberoi, you next" Called the receptionist and he just went inside the doctor's room in a jiffy.

"Come Sidharth, how are you doing?" Asked a doctor,he was in his late fifties and way more compassionate than he appeared to be.

"Oh, I'm doing perfect just a little bit sleep deprived,can you please help me with that?" he said as soon as he got seated.

"I had prescribed you some medicines right ?are you taking them on time" the doctor asked and gestured him to sit on the stool nearby his chair so that he can check his heartbeat and blood pressure.

"Let's check your blood pressure" the doctor said.It was 6:30 in the evening and he had come straight from the office.he was too airheaded to pick his blazer from his office, which he had hung on the back of his chair. The black button down shirt which hecwas wearing was completely crushed.No one could tell by seeing him that he was the same prim and proper Sidharth Oberoi.

"180/100, still high,Sidharth for your age,its too high" Concern was inevitable in the doctor's voice.he just looked at the doctor as if he had nothing to do with whatever the doctor was saying, he just blinked his eyes,which had dark pits around it due to lack of sleep and stayed up for him to finish his check up.

"But I feel normal,It's just that,those sleeping pills you have prescribed doesn't work at all,can you please prescribe a higher dose" Sidharth said after few seconds, For the last 7 night he could hardly manage to get 2 hours of sleep at a stretch.

"Hmmm....are you taking your Blood pressure medicines on time? and how many cigarettes you are smoking in a day and what about alcohol? Last time I have alarmed you about its repercussions " The doctor asked and he just knew that the answer would frighten the doctor so he kept tight-lipped.

"Everything in moderation,Doctor I will take care of all those things, could you please prescribe a higher does of sleeping pills,please"he said with his flawless hardpan accent of him.

"Are you taking your vitamins?" the doctor asked and the answer to this was no.

"No but I am eating well" he replied even though he had forgotten what being hungry felt like, he just knew that he needed to eat something every 4 to 5 hours so that he can stay alive.

"Sidharth,I need to change your blood pressure medicine but you need to alter your lifestyle,your habits" The doctor said while writing something on a paper.

"Can you prescribe me a higher dose please" he wanted nothing more than to sleep.

"I will talk to Shamita ji too." the doctor said.

"Doctor Let's not forget that there has to be confidentiality between us, I am just asking you to kindly increase my sleeping pill doses why don't you understand" by now he started to feel jittery and a compulsive need to smoke made him all shaky,he started moving his legs frantically.

"I am referring you to Dr Manavi,she is a psychiatrist,I can see your anxiety issues shooting... she can help you.... Sidharth there is no downside of seeking help, You have been avoiding this since long" The doctor said while stapling a visiting card on the prescription.

"I just need a stronger sleeping pill which can put me to sleep,that's it. mujhe koi anxiety nahin hai,I do not need any help, I just need to sleep peacefully,I just need to drift onto a place where I can drop the curtain on this always racing mind." He made clear in a border line angry tone.