9. Girls Night

"Hey Pen," Becca smiled as she followed Spencer into Penelope's office, the room glowing with the blue light from the monitors covering the walls and desks around her. She spun around in her chair, her eyes widening as she saw the two of them.

"Oh, my loves, you're drenched," she exclaimed.

"Yeah, it's pretty grim out there," Becca chuckled. "I though America was supposed to be sunny."

"You do seem to have bought the British weather with you," Penelope nodded. "Do you have something for me?"

"We do," Spencer said quietly as he sat down next to Penelope. "We had a thought on our way here. We've been trying to figure out why he's been active overseas and why he's ended up here."

Penelope turned to Becca, waiting expectantly.

"I think the unsub is most likely moving around because of his work," Becca began. "And if he is, the likelihood is that he's successful in his field. If you work as a clerk in a department store, you're not likely to be moved internationally. And if he's high-flying, there's got to be some trace of him online. I know we've looked at the airlines already..."

"Yeah, needle in the worlds biggest haystack," Penelope scoffed, fiddling with the fluffy pen she held in her hands.

"Mm," Spencer nodded. "But do you think you could cross-reference those names with social media accounts? See who was travelling for work? Either he goes from job to job or has worked for the same employer the whole time. Either way, he's going to be well-respected in his field."

"Ok, I can't make any promises it'll be quick, but I will do my best," Penelope nodded. "Oh, Becca, I text you my address for girls' night. Is seven good for you?" Penelope grinned excitedly. Becca lifted her damp sleeve, checking her watch.

"Seven works. Gives me time to pop to the hotel and get some dry clothes."

"No need sugar," Penelope smiled, pushing her glasses up on her nose as she jumped from her seat, grabbing a small holdall from under her desk. "I keep this here just in case. There's a change of clothes in there. Get warm, drink coffee. I'll set the search running and we can get extra wine on the way to mine," she rambled.

"You, Penelope Garcia, are my angel. Thank you," Becca smiled, taking the bag and looking down at Spencer. "Pour me a coffee while I change?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

            A few minutes later, Becca emerged from the office bathroom having gone 'full Garcia' with the contents of Penelope's go-bag. She had changed into a red floral printed dress with a plunging neckline and a nipped-in waist, the floaty material stopping just above her knees. She wasn't convinced that her Ugg boots really tied the look together, but although she could fit into Penelope's clothes, the same couldn't be said for her shoes!

Pulling open the heavy glass doors, she moved quietly through to the open-plan kitchen area, where Spencer was already sat at the head of one of the tables fiddling absentmindedly with the spoon sitting in his cup. As she approached, he turned to her, his eyes running slowly down her body, his lips pulling into a small smile.

"Wow," he muttered.

"I know, the shoes aren't a good look," she laughed, lowering herself into the chair beside him.

"The rest though," he smiled, a cheeky glint in his eyes. "It's a shame you have girls' night," he told her quietly. "I was hoping you'd feel like finishing off what we started this morning."

She took a deep breath, exhaling slowly as she gently took her lower lip between her teeth.

"Spence, you have no idea how much I want to pick up where we left off," she whispered, her voice dripping with desire as her foot found his beneath the table.

"How about you call me when you're finished with the girls," he suggested as she took a mouthful of her coffee, nodding slowly.

"Sounds like a plan," she smiled as she crossed her legs, sliding her foot up the inside of his leg, holding his gaze.

"You ready kitten?" Penelope called loudly as she appeared through the door to the round table room.

"I'm ready," Becca said softly, standing up from her seat and gently laying her hand on Spencer's shoulder as she stepped towards Penelope. "Have a good evening Doctor," she said quietly, smiling seductively as she finally tore her eyes from Spencer's and followed her friend to the elevator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jeez P.G., how much vodka did you put in this?" Emily spluttered, putting her glass down heavily on the end table that sat between her and JJ's seats. Tara laughed quietly as she raised her own glass to her lips.

"Can you still see?" Penelope asked seriously. Emily nodded. "Then not nearly enough," she laughed, draining her own glass.

"So, how are things with Luke?" JJ asked innocently, drawing a panicked look from Penelope. "Oh come on, we're not in work now. Plus the most excitement I get nowadays is through you guys," she laughed.

"Oh my beautiful flower, if you insist. We had an adult sleepover last night. I tell you, the Latin fire in that man..."

"Ok, TMI Garcia," Tara laughed, covering her ears with the palms of her hands.

"I mean, she asked," Penelope said loudly, pointing her finger at JJ.

"What about you Em? Any possible suitors on the horizon?" Tara asked.

"There may be," Emily chuckled secretively. "I have a date next week, but I'm not telling you anything about him yet, so don't even bother asking," she laughed.

Becca felt her phone vibrate in her lap, smiling as she read the message.

Spencer: 'Hope you're having fun and not getting too drunk. I planned on carrying you to bed, not the bathroom 😉 xx'

Becca: 'I might be a little drunk, but no amount of Pen's punch will stop what I have in store for you. Will sneak away as soon as I can. Can't wait to see you. xoxo'

"Dr Harding, who has you smiling at your phone like that?" Penelope exclaimed excitedly. Looking up sharply, Becca locked her screen.

"Um, nobody important," she stuttered. JJ looked at her expectantly. "Just a guy I've been talking to online," she lied.

"So it doesn't have anything to do with your non-date with a certain boy genius?" Penelope grinned.

"Firstly, I... didn't know you knew about that," Becca said, throwing a glare in Emily's direction. "Don't get me wrong, he's amazing, and we had a great time." 'Understatement of the century,' she thought to herself. "But it's just too complicated. Between not knowing how long I'll be here and you nosy parkers," she laughed.

"Nosy parkers?" Penelope laughed, feigning innocence. "I am definitely not nosy. I can't say the same for these three though." A shocked silence fell across the room as everybody looked at Penelope, exasperated, until Becca started to giggle.

"It's a shame things are what they are," JJ said softly. "I know him well enough to know he's besotted with you." Becca smiled.

"You think so?" She asked quietly.

"God yes," JJ laughed. "And he's just the greatest guy, and one of my best friends. I mean, he's saved my life more times than I can count. And the way he is with my boys," she smiled, holding her hand to her heart. "If things were different, I think you guys would be great together."

Becca's phone vibrated in her hand and she glanced down at it.

Spencer: 'Make it quick baby, the waiting is driving me crazy. xx'

"Anyway girls, I'm going to get going while I can still walk," Becca laughed, drinking what was left of her drink. "Thanks for inviting me, next time you guys can come hang out at my hotel."

Everybody rose from their seats and hugged Becca, Emily whispering a very quiet, and very cheeky, "Say hi to Reid for me," before Becca made her way to the door.

"See you all in the morning," she called over her shoulder as she pulled the door closed behind her and pressed Send on her text: 'Meet me at my hotel in an hour.'