27. Epilogue

"It's a good job this wedding is happening today and not in a weeks time, or you'd have had to find another dress," Gemma laughed as she fastened the last button on the back of Becca's dress. "You need to tell this baby to stop growing!"

"Oh, come on," Penelope grinned. "Chubby babies are the cutest! I'm going to feed you cake every day until baby Reid enters the world."

Becca laughed, running her hands down the front of her dress, her fingers smoothing gently over the delicate white lace that covered her stomach. Gemma was right, her bump had really started to pop now, and with five months left to go it wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

Pretty much the minute she'd joined the BAU on a permanent basis, Emily had made it clear that she could travel with the team, but under no circumstances was she allowed to go out on arrests. That suited her fine, as she certainly wasn't in any shape to be chasing after unsubs!

There was a soft knock on the door, and she turned just in time to see Emily's head pop around it.

"Is it safe to bring you some visitors?" She asked, Becca nodding excitedly in response. "Dave will be up to get you any minute, but these guys wanted to come say hi before you take your final walk," Emily laughed.

"You make it sound like I'm going to my death," Gemma laughed as Derek, Luke and Hotch filed into the room. "Hey!"

"Wow," Derek muttered as he took a step towards her. "I think for the first time ever, we might be about to see pretty boy speechless! You look beautiful," he told her, kissing her gently on the cheek.

"Thank you," Becca smiled shyly. "Is he ok?" Derek nodded.

"Much calmer than I was at my wedding," he laughed. "How about you?"

"I'm good," she nodded. "Thank you, all of you, for all of your help the last few weeks, turns out growing a human being really takes it out of you," she laughed.

"Can I come in?" She heard from the doorway, turning to see Dave.

"I mean, it is your house," Luke chuckled.

"That's enough out of you chuckles," he smiled. "Time for you lot to get your walking shoes on, the minister's ready. Gentlemen, grab your ladies!"

Becca took a few deep breaths, smiling excitedly as each groomsman offered their arms to the bridesmaids, Derek to Gemma going first as best man and maid of honour, followed by Luke and Penelope, and Hotch and Emily, and they filed out of the room, each blowing kisses and wishing her luck on their way past.

"You ready to do this kiddo?" She grinned up at him.

"So ready." As Becca picked up her flower bouquet and linked her arm with Dave, he grinned. "Your Prince Charming awaits."

————————————————————————————-

"So you're telling us that you've known about Emily and Hotch for months, and said nothing?" Derek exclaimed.

Becca had gone to the bar to get herself a drink and had been accosted by Derek, Savannah, Matt, Kristy and Tara.

"What can I tell you, I guess she only told those who could keep a secret," Becca laughed, raising a glass of juice to her lips.

"Hey, woah," Derek chuckled. "I can keep a secret!" Savannah laughed beside him, gently squeezing his arm.

"Baby, you cannot keep a secret," she shook her head as the rest of the group laughed.

"May I cut in, Mrs Reid?" Spencer appeared beside her, holding his hand out towards her. She grinned back at him, placing her glass down on the table beside her before gently laying her hand in his.
"I'll catch up with you all in a bit," she said to the group before turning back to Spencer. "After you, Mr Reid. Dr Reid? What do we call you now?" She laughed as she followed him to the dance floor.

He pulled her softly to an empty spot on the dance floor, nestled somewhere between Penelope and Luke, and Emily and Hotch, and pulled her towards him, enveloping her within his embrace. She gazed up at him, smiling softly.

"You can call me whatever you want," he told her softly. "Although you know how much I love when you call me doctor," he added, his eyes glinting cheekily.

"Oh, is that so?" She giggled as he lowered his head, gently kissing her lips as he nodded. "I'll bear that in mind, Dr Reid," she said quietly, tightening her arms around his waist. She smiled up at him. "I can't believe we're married."

"I can," he said simply. She looked at him, her eyebrows raised expectantly. "I knew from the moment we met that I was going to marry you."

"No, you didn't," she giggled.

"Alright, we'll I hoped I would," he chuckled. "And here we are."

"Here we are," she nodded, removing her arms from his waist and slipping them around his shoulders, burying her fingers in his soft hair. "I love you," she sighed. "So, so much."

"I love you too," he smiled, his arms tightening around her waist. "You," he paused. "And this little one," he nodded his head downwards. "I wish my mom had met you," he whispered, his eyes glazing over with unshed tears. "She'd have loved you."

Becca placed a hand gently against his cheek.

"Spence, as long as you remember her, she's still with you," she reassured him. "And we'll make sure the baby knows everything about her, and how amazing she was, and all the things she overcame." Spencer nodded slowly, breathing deeply.

"It's all gonna be ok baby. It's you and me," she whispered. He looked deep into her eyes, a smile creeping slowly across his lips.

"Always."