Shopping sprees and shocking days

After our hero's received their letters there eyes filled with excitement and they instantly got dressed and went out to get supplies for their classes. They collected all their Textbooks, Cauldrons, quills, parchment, new school bags, and much more, so with happy yet nervous faces the golden trio set off to the Hogwarts express the next day.

=====At the Hogwarts express=====

"Mionie!! Ron!! Would you stop snogging! We're going to be late!" Harry yelled making Ron and Hermione look over at him, embarrassed, and run over to him.
"Sorry mate, lost track of time," Ron said as soon as he and Hermione met up with their friend.
"I can tell, let's just get into a compartment before we get mobbed again," Harry said as they jumped onto the train to find a seat.

======A few minutes later=====

After a bit, the door to our beloved golden trio's compartment opened to reveal a blonde male, a raven-haired girl, and a tall raven-haired boy....the bronze trio. "Could we sit here? The other compartments are full of people who would try to hex us" Parkinson said in a nervous tone.
"Like hell-" Ron went to yell before Hermione covered his mouth making the angry ginger pout.
"You can sit with us, it isn't a problem at all," Hermione said, with a smile and an annoyed glance at her boyfriend. The Slytherin trio smiled shyly, put their trunks up, and sat down. Parkinson started playing on their phone, Blaise was staring out the window already falling asleep, and Draco was drawing in a book with the letters DB on the cover.

====Some odd number of hours later====

The train came to a halt, effectively waking up the sleeping Slytherin boy resting on the window sill. The 6 8th years grabbed their belongings and got off the train, not daring to utter a word to one another outside their group of friends. As more and more students arrived the great hall filled up more and more and finally the new headmistress stood up to speak to her students. "Attention students!" She shouted. "As you all know I am your new headmistress and as such I have welcomed back our previous students as our temporary year, 8th year" she stated, clearing her throat. "Now then as you've all grow so much over the time of the war I have decided to have all 8th years resorted" she continued smiling at her nervous students. With that she brought out the sorting had and began to sort the 18-year-olds, making their uniforms change color or not upon hearing their new house. Down the list, it went with Ecos of "GRYFFINDOR", "RAVENCLAW", "HUFFLEPUFF", and "SLYTHERIN" making their way through the large room. It went on and on and then it got to our last 6. "Hermione granger!" Headmistress McGonagall shouted as Hermione made her way up. Tic Tok Tic went the sound of the clock as the hat rummaged through the teen's head until finally, it decided as it did for each one of them. Ravenclaw for Miss.Granger, Griffindor for Mr.Weasley, Slytherin for Miss.Parkinson and Mr.Zabini, and what shocked the whole school, Mr.Potter in for Slytherin and Mr.Black for Ravenclaw. The great hall went silent as the last of the six took their new seats.