The First Day

Most 8th years proved to have a ruff night. Adjusting to changes, trying to sleep, coping with nightmares. Based on the sight of them at breakfast, it seems today was going to be a tuff one.

======After breakfast in the great hall====

It was time for the first class of the day and seeing as very few 8th years came back, everyone had potions. Walking into class, for some reason, was thankfully the same as the year before. An angry Professor Snape sat at his desk barking orders as the students filed in. "Alright students!" the professor echoed as he stood from his chair. "Today will be getting to know your potions partner as you will be working with them all year and you're all rather...fucked up" he stated making several students giggle and some glare. As the professor started to list off the partners, his voice seemed to fade into the background of our golden boy's world until..." MR.POTTER" shape shouted, startling the scar-headed boy making him tumble back in his seat.
"Yes, professor!" harry shouted back in a panicked tone, lifting himself from the stone floor back into his seat.
"Potter as I said before, your Potions partner is Mr.Black" snape sighed out.
"But professor who's Mr.black exactly?" Harry asked, unsure if he even should have asked. Before snape could even answer a small tap graced his shoulder making him turn his attention to the person he's yet to identify.
"It's me, Potter, you idiot" a short blonde boy said a sigh escaping along with it.
"Malfoy?" Harry said, so confused as he watched the ex-Slytherin take a seat next to him.
"It's black now, boy wonder" Draco rolled his eyes as he pulled out a book.