3: Chips

I was called into the office for my next mission. I was leaving in two weeks. In order to be left alone when leaving, I need to prove to them I have well and truly been brainwashed by them, that they have won. 

I'd stay in line. I'd ignore Ottilie in the halls, I won't go looking for her, I won't acknowledge her existence. I wouldn't argue I wouldn't talk back I will be the perfect Black Widow. I'll be what they trained me to be. 

I walked down the hall to the lunch hall. Ottilie was outside the Ballet class with Miss Deviarni. She was being shouted at. I kept my head straight, looking in front of me. "Don't touch me." I hear her shout. Keep looking ahead, Nat. Keep looking ahead. "I said get off of me!" She said louder and then I heard a loud thud, I looked over my shoulder. Miss Deviarni was stood firmly and Ottilie was against the wall. What just happened. 

"I told you-" "Leave me alone!" She screamed, she was acting her age a five-year-old having a tantrum but she was bleeding from her eyebrow. Miss Devarni was standing over her. She looked scared, she was shaking. Guards began down the hall. She looked at them and then in my direction. She stood there for a moment before running down the hall. 

So much for ignoring her. "I got her!" I called I ran after her. If they got here they'd tackle her tiny frame to the ground, they'd break her, and she was already pretty bruised as is. I don't know what's been happening with her, I've been trying to avoid her at all costs. 

"Tilly!" I shouted she was still running but her little legs couldn't take her far. I gripped her. "If you run they'll hurt you worse. Stop." I tell her firmly. She struggled against me. "They're getting close, stop," I whispered to hear the sound of heavy boots was getting louder. She stopped. "You need to do as they say." She nodded. I set her on the floor and held her wrist, I tugged it. I didn't squeeze her too hard or pull her too much, just made it look like it. I handed her over to them and turned and went about my business. 

I looked over my shoulder at her and she was looking back at me, she was being dragged by two large men, she looked like a tiny doll in their hands. "Listen to them." I mouthed to her. She nodded. I was under a camera so wouldn't have been caught communicating with her. And handing her over the way I did would go in my favour. 

-------

I walked into the dorm hall and I spot her straight away, she was on the bed knees pulled to her chest. She looked up at me, she had no new marks on her, the cut above her eye had a band-aid on it. She listened to me. She listened to them and avoided getting hurt. 

I walked to my bunk and got my clothes out ready for changing into after my shower. "You know your little friend got taken to the office today." "What?" I questioned. "She shouted at Miss D," Alice tells me as she also sorted through her clothes for bed. "I know, I was the one who stopped her running." "And you let them take her?" She asked shocked. "It was the right thing to do. She broke the rules." I say bluntly. "I just thought because you were so protective of her, you wouldn't have let me." "I gave her socks, it's hardly protecting her," I say standing up and going to walk away. "They gave her, her date." "What?" I turned to face her. "They're sending her on a mission with Holly." My breath got caught in my throat... They were sending her out. To kill. "That's what she's here for." I shrugged before walking to the showers.

Act like you don't care, any of these girls could be a mole. Alice especially, she's a brown nose. I've known her the whole time I've been at the school. She was from England, she was 9 yeah she joined. Top of her classes. She started off in my Russian class and then as she adjusted to the new life she got moved into more of my classes. 

---------

When I rounded the corner coming back from ym shower I saw Alice speaking to one of the guards... I was right to be cautious. I thought to myself. I went back into the showers pretending I forgot something before going back out, she was walking towards me. "Shower 3 has no hot water," I warned her before walking making it seem like I didn't know anything.