18: Happy Birthday

"She seems, better," Steve says unsure as we watched Tilly beat the crap out of Sam. Tilly's better looked very different to the typical person's better. It was entertaining to watch. I smiled at my daughter. She was doing better. Back to training with everyone. Back to dancing. She enrolled in an actual college, and she's doing her medical degree. I couldn't be prouder of her for following her dreams. 

She met a boy and he's super sweet, so she says. Tony makes her take Peter with her when she goes on dates because he doesn't trust boys around her. I mean I didn't either, she was a very pretty girl with an amazing body, boys would want her for the wrong things. But I knew my daughter could handle herself. 

Ross had set up her evaluation to assess whether or not she is ready to join the Avengers officially. We all knew she was, Ross knew she was he had been dropping by and watching her, When she wasn't studying she was in the lab or the gym. She was super helpful with gaining information on subjects, I mean she was trained to spy after all. And she was quick at making correct inferences. She was basically a part of the team already, Ross just needed to cover his back by assessing her in case she, well backtracked during a mission. 

"Yeah, she's doing so much better." I agreed, admiring the way her legs gracefully stretched out kicking Sam, despite how pretty it looked it had a lot of power. One benefit of Ballet. "We should help him right?" Steve asked. "Give her a few more minutes with him." 

Sam laid on the floor and Tilly stood there hands on her hips. "This is why we put you in the sky away from people." She says laughing before offering a hand to help him up. "This is why they keep you in here. Your dangerous." "Little old me, dangerous?" She asked acting Innocent. 

"Tilly showers, let's go," Steve said clapping his hands together grabbing her attention. He offered to drive her to class today whilst he's in town for work. 

----

"Drive safe with her," I warned Steve before they left the compound. He nodded. "Bye mum." She called tossing her bag onto the backseat before climbing in the front.

--------

A week later. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY." I cheered waking up my daughter.... 20 my gosh she's growing up. She giggled sitting up rubbing her eyes. "Shush," Yelena said from her bed. "Happy birthday." She mumbled before sitting up slowly realising what day it was. "Thanks." She said yawning and adjusting to the light in the room. 

"Presents and birthday breakfast is downstairs," I tell her with a smile. "Thanks, mum." She was still half asleep that tired smile spread across her lips as she looked around the room like she had never been in here before. "Get dressed meet you down there," I tell her before leaving the two of them to put on some form of presentable clothes. The girls PJ's aren't appropriate for the enter household.

They both came downstairs in hoodies and sweats, she looked tired. I guess that's what she gets for being out with her friends all night. "Morning." She smiled ignoring the balloons and presents and going to the kitchen to get coffee. "Since when did she drink coffee?" Bruce asked. "A while." "It's bad for her. Tilly, don't drink that." "Quit telling her what to do." I scold him quietly, it does not secrete that recently we had been having some issues, but I'd rather not project them on my little girls birthday. 

She sat down on the floor morgan found her way to Tilly's lap. We sang her happy birthday and she had a shy smile as she looked around at each of us. Then she opened her gifts before we all settled down to have her birthday breakfast which was a large spread of pancakes, waffles, bacon and eggs. Also cake. We had to have cake. It's her birthday. 

"So when do we get to meet this boyfriend of yours?" Peppa teased. "Today, actually," she says helping Morgan cut her waffle up. She was so good with Morgs, just like a big sister. Better than I was as a big sister anyway. She was so caring for her and protective. She reads her bedtime stories, plays with her, sings to her. She's the sweetest. "Really?" She nodded handing Morgan her waffle back. "I invited him to dinner, thought it was about time I met him," I tell the table. "We all get to meet him?" "Yes, but be nice to him." "Aren't I always?" Tony asked her. "No, you're mean, egotistical, pig-headed-"Enough." He said covering her mouth stopping the flow of adjectives coming from her mouth. "Just saying." "Well I will-"You'll be nice to him, welcoming, you won't interrogate him, you will not go all protective Papa T on him. You will not do anything but smile and nod." She warned him before taking her plate into the kitchen.