Chapter 5: Cheese Pizza

I looked over at Marlene, nervous. She gave me a wink, reassuring me that everything was going to be alright. I sighed quietly. K-9 pushes the button with his paw (he actually his wearing sneakers, similar to Marvin's) and opens the door to reveal a large but comfortable size dining area.

I hear quick footsteps and rustling from another door that was already open. Appearing in the door frame, Marvin enters rather informal. He seemed to be on edge. "Ah, greetings servant, Marlene as well. Come take a seat, I would love for you to join me for dinner." Marvin vocalizes from the other side of the room and sitting down himself. He sounds rather timid. I sit down, across from him. Marlene sits down next to me, and K-9 across from her. 

"Did you know that I was once a pizza delivery guy? I also learned how to make pizza for a short amount of time, but that duck was in the way of things and was drunk on power." I gripped onto my napkin tightly as I place it on top of my lap.
Daffy.
"Because of my friend, I had to be demoted to a delivery boy and deliver the earth humans their food; when they should be delivering to me! Well, I then signed up for the job, and...oh but you understand?" Marvin explains, scrambling over his own words from time-to-time. I nodded slowly. I recall about a time Daffy told me how he was some commander in chief for pizza delivering for Speedy and that he had soldiers that helped him.

"So I thought that we could have a causal dinner and have some pizza," Marvin snaps his fingers and in comes Instant Martians with stacks of pizzas. "I wasn't sure what flavors you like, so I purchased everything." Marvin tells me as a Instant Martian places a pizza box in front of him. He opens it and his eyes glaze over in hunger. Another Instant Martian places pizza boxes for me and for K-9 and Marlene.

My heart dropped as I read "Pizzarriba" on the box.

Marvin opens the box, revealing the freshly-made pie. "Mm-mm! Goody-goody! I love cheese pizza!" Marvin exclaims to the table. I watched him closely to see how he would eat the food. How does he eat if he doesn't have a mouth, let alone talk?

Marvin picks up a slice of pizza and touches the area where a mouth should be. He begins to chew and I noticed teeth marks on the pizza. It took me a second to process that he was actually eating the pizza. Marvin quivers from the taste. If I were his friend, I could've laughed with him, but instead I sat across from the table fro him wearing Martian clothes and forced to be his servant, cringing.

I open my pizza box to reveal (favorite pizza). My stomach growled in hunger. Marlene looks at her pizza, unsure what it is. K-9 drools and wags his tail with excitement. He tore his pizza up like how a regular dog eats their food; which was pretty much expected.

Marvin was already on his second slice of pizza and I was only halfway through my first. I was eating it extremely slowly. Marvin hums, as if he remembers something. "We need refreshments!" Marvin turns to the by-standing Instant Martian and orders him to get some soda from the fridge.

Marvin gently taps his face with his napkin. The Instant Martian brought Marvin a little bottle of soda and gave all of us sodas as well, even K-9. Amazingly to my surprise, Marvin looked like he wrapped his lips (even though he didn't seem to have any) around the bottle and drink it like a normal human would. Suddenly, Marvin looks right at me as he chugs his soda. He smiles as he was drinking soda, causing me to look down at my plate.

After he finished, I heard a refreshed-sounding sigh from the Martian boy. "My apologies, (Y/N). You can't eat without having something to drink." Marvin explains, looking right at me.
I couldn't stop staring at the area where a mouth was suppose to be. Marvin caught on immediately, he did not seem to happy about that.

"I've noticed your infatuation with my mouth, earth creature." Marvin says across the table. After only having just one sip of her soda, Marlene spits it out and it splashed all over K-9. We all looked at her like she was insane, though I completely understood what she could had thought.
"Sorry-this uh, what is this stuff, Sprite-is spicy." Marlene awkwardly laughs, K-9 growling from the other side. Marlene slides her napkin to the other for K-9.