Chapter 6: Friendship

Marlene has never operated a flying saucer and it showed. She was only created a few hours prior to these events. She seemed to had understand the basics quickly.

We zoomed out of there in a jiffy, and went past the ship. Following us was Marvin himself and K-9. I look back to see a enraged Martian boy, gripping the handles of his saucer. I cried in worry as I turned around and ducked my head. "It's okay! We'll loose him in no time." Marlene tried to reassure me.

Marlene was however distracted by me and did not know where she was going; we headed straight into the Asteroid Belt. We both scream in bloody terror as she frantically tries to avoid the fast-paced space-rocks flying at her. We heard a few bumps here and then soon, lasers. I turn around to see Marvin firing lasers at us!
"Don't worry, we'll get him." Marlene presses a button, only to turn on the windshield wipers. "Right I knew that was the windshield wipers. We'll get him this time." The saucer begins to honk. I stared at the button that read "rear lasers" until Marlene eventually finds it and slams her fists on it. Then flies out lasers from behind our saucer, aiming right at Marvin. He looked to had a confused look on his face but then a surprised one as he saw the dozens of lasers being fired directly at him. Marvin had successfully dodged all of the flying lasers, and it made me more unsure about our unplanned escape. Well, mine until Marlene decided to help me.

We loop around Jupiter, then going over it and under it, hoping to confuse the angry Martian who was trying to recapture me. I only became nauseous and nearly regurgitated my pizza. Marlene's plan did nothing, only to had make everyone feel sick and dizzy. However when we left Jupiter, Marvin was still circling Jupiter, like a dog chasing his own tail. Marlene floors it and we eventually reach Mars, where the boy himself was from.

Marlene hovers the land and looks for a place to hide. "Marlene, I don't know if I can breathe here! I don't have a air tank or anything!" I cried to her in a horrid tone. We then find a cave, a place where we could hide out for a bit and rest.

Marlene looks at me before pressing the button to let the roof open. I nodded, giving her the approval to do so. Eventually, I was then filled with the rocky-smell of Mars, a place I've never thought I would stand foot on or see in my lifetime.

Marlene slips out of the saucer and helps me out of it. "We should be safe here, seems like no one else is around." Marlene says to me as she sits on a rock, laying her head on her hand tiredly. I then saw Earth in the sky, my blood turning cold.

It then hit me why she didn't take me to my own planet.

"Why are we here, Marlene? You could've dropped me back at Earth and to return to my somewhat normal life." I scolded her. Marlene then becomes offended. "Well sorry, I don't know where Earth is! Plus we were being chased by our Master!" She argues back to me. "Oh no, Marvin is not my Master and never will be. He can stick that thought up where then sun doesn't shine." I retorted to her.

I sat my back against the cave while I sat on a red boulder. I wanted to break down into tears, but I was going to be strong and not let the best get over me. I even had a thought where we should just give up and return to Marvin and serve him, or face the consequences.

Suddenly I had an idea and that was to look for the rover, Perseverance. I stood and ran around, looking for any sign of the rover. Marlene stares at me, puzzled at what I was doing. "There's a robot here from Earth that collects data on Mars. If we can find it, then I could try to communicate with other humans on Earth!" I explain to her, even though she still did not understand what I was blabbering about.

I then saw what looked to be wheel markings on the sand. I gasp aloud and follow it until.

SWISH!