Chapter 7: Helmets

Martian Rebel Characters! I created them, hope you like them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The glass shatters and I still stood tall. I prepared myself to feel shards of glass scratch or stab me, but nothing.

I watched as Marvin was punched in the gut by the leader, sending his laser gun to fly out of his hand. A rebel standing by him smashed his gun by stepping on it accidentally. The leader and Marvin look at him angrily.
"Way to go Marcus, we could've had more weaponry in the base, but your fat foot crushed it." The leader spat at the rebel named Marcus. "Ah, sorry. We'll get money from the Queen to buy more laser guns, better quality than that one anyway." Marcus spills out his words, attempting to save himself.

"Wait, the Queen?!" Marvin shrieks and the leader laughs. "Yeah, the rule was not to invade any other planet without the Queen's blessing. All Martians who do so without her knowledge will be sentenced."

Marvin had a look of fear on his face. "My cousin is the Queen's commander, he wouldn't dare let anything happen to me." Marvin explains to the leader as the leader cracks his knuckles. "Oh, we'll see about that."

And with that, the two had a fist fight. They both were strong and were well trained in combat. I threw rocks at them, trying to get them to stop. The leader gets hit in the eye by a rock a threw and I run for it.

I hear footsteps running behind me but of course I trip over a pile of rocks due to the rocky terrain of Mars. The leader picks me up by my throat and makes a fist, getting ready to punch me in the face.

Then the leader's eyes became cross-eyed, due to Marvin hitting the back of his head with the back of his destroyed laser gun. The leader fell let's go of me, causing me to fall. However Marvin caught me in time and only he landed in the rocks.  He wrapped his arms around me to protect me from the impact.

I laid there uncomfortably while in Marvin's grasp. I then heard a soft grunt from him, sounding like he was in pain. I look up to see him closing his eyes tightly. I lean up and there was a that had actually went through his helmet, breaking it. I attempted to take the helmet off of Marvin, but he stopped me by holding my arm. He looks at me softly, then passes out.

"M-Marvin?" I stutter out to him. I gently pat his face, all to have him not move and become limp. I looked back at the scene to find K-9 walking over to us, concerned. I breath shakily as I also saw that Marlene passed out. K-9 nods to me, and sticks his snout under Marvin's arm to make him let go of me.

I stand up and shake the dirt off of me. Me and K-9 had to get these guys back to Marvin's ship and heal them. We both looked at each other. K-9 bites Marvin's sleeve and drags him out of the pile of rocks he fell into. It would had been a funny sight, but a part of me felt bad, like this was my fault. It was my fault.

I pick up Marlene's boot and started to drag her to the saucer as well. Somehow, K-9 managed to get Marvin in the ship by himself. I picked up Marlene and threw her in, knowing she'd be fine.

I then noticed that Marvin's red shirt or tunic was slightly ripped in some areas and that his green metallic petal belt was slightly dented. I dare not speak about his helmet. Marvin did not look good in this moment.

Plus she was passed out anyway. K-9 sat in the seat next to the driver's seat, leaving me to drive. He looks at me, curious to see what I'd do. I gulped nervously.

There were so many buttons. There was a steering wheel in front of me but it looked completely different than a steering wheel from a car on Earth. I shut the door and pull the glass up, while thinking about where the ignition could be. K-9 looked down at a large red button that had some weird language on it. It sorta looked like the word "start," but you had it really examine it in order to see it.

I pressed the button and suddenly, the vessel became turned on. I felt my heart dropped at I saw the lever. K-9 pulled it back for me and looked down at where my feet were. I noticed that there was a brake, a start pedal, and I believe an emergency brake. I softly tapped my foot on the start pedal, and it seemed as though I floored it. I panicked and hit the brakes. I then heard a snap, K-9 was doubling up on seatbelts. I noticed that I didn't even have mine on.

I tried again but this time with not a whole lot of force, and sure enough, we started to drift. I had to fly off the planet but I wasn't sure. K-9 reached his snout over and pressed up on the wheel, sending us up into Mars and it's atmosphere. Things seemed to had started getting real once I could not longer have felt the rubble of Mars and it's rocks under the saucer.

Operating, or really driving, the saucer was not as hard as it seemed to be. It honestly felt like driving a car but with airplane options and stuff. It was actually fun.

I used my rear mirror to check on the two passed out Martians in the back. Marlene was drooling on the window and Marvin looked beaten up, his face swollen and his clothes being dirty.

I felt terrible now. Marvin did save me from having a rough fall. Even though he was looking to recapture me and Marlene, he still showed up in time before we were going to be captured by other Martians. It was like he turned from a devil to an angel. I knew that when Marvin would wake up, he'd would start asking me questions and would be mad at me. I had to return the favor to him for when he saved me, so I had to let aside the prior events from before and focus on healing Marvin.

I eventually saw Marvin's massive ship and saw the Loading Bay, open for landing. I saw a few Instant Martians guarding the entrance. The second they saw me, they went into fighting stance mode. I flew past them and parked; not a great landing I should mention.

The Instant Martians sprinted over to the saucer and pointed their weapons at me. I raised my arms up in self defense. The Instant Martians walk closer and closer to me until K-9 jumps out and snarls and barks at the Martians. They cowered at the Martian dog and lowered their weapons. I slipped my bottom out of the saucer hesitatingly and reached for the handle to let Marvin and Marlene out. I open it, Marlene plopping out and landing face first on the ground, and the Instant Martians were surprised to see their creator in such a sight. They looked defeated, then looked at me, begging for a answer on to why Marvin was in such a beaten-up state.

"Marvin was fighting against a few rouge Martians. When I was falling, he caught me in time before he hit the ground, cracking his helmet." I admitted to the worried crowd of Instants.
They wobbled over to the saucer and grabbed Marvin out and took him back into the ship. Another Instant Martian was kind enough to carry Marlene. Me and K-9 follow the crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My head hurts!" Marlene cries out as she holds an ice pack on her head. "Why'd we escape, (Y/N)? Why?!" She dramatically shouts to me. I sat on a chair. "Because Marvin was mad and wanted to kill me, remember? I made him mad by telling him how I felt and stuff." I reminded her. Marlene nodded her pounding head, suddenly seeing her memories from awhile ago.

"I can't believe you said that stuff to him. I thought you were done for." Marlene admits to me. "Me too."

While I held the ice bag on Marlene's head, K-9 enters the room with two other Instant Martians beside him. He looks over at Marlene, and she looks back into his eyes. She nods and looks up at me.

"The Master is awake and is in need of your assistance." Marlene tells me. I felt my heart drop, realizing that Marvin and I could potentially argue or he could still be mad at me.

"He wants to see you," Marlene looks back at K-9, her eyes widening. "Now, like right now." I sigh nervously and she looks up at me and smiles. "It'll be okay, I promise you. He's hurt and will not do anything to harm you." We both hear K-9 growl, possibly in annoyance. I took that as a sign to leave my bedroom and Marlene.

"Be sure to keep that bag of ice on your head and do not look at bright lights." I tell her, hoping that she would take my advice. She nods and lays down on the floor, ice bag on her head. I look down at K-9, ready to go.

I was ready to face Marvin once again.