Chapter 1

"Are you freaking kidding me!" I hear the voice of the devil wake me from my sleep, light floods the once still and dark room "Everly! I told you to wake me up two hours before we had to leave! And your lazy ass is still in bed" my sister yells and I groggily open my eyes to see a pillow flying at my head.

I flinch and catch the pillow before it hits me "I'm sorry, ok" I sit up and rub my eyes

I look over to my annoyed and irritated, hardly younger, sister who stands in my doorway. She's in a pink silk robe that cuts off right at her mid thigh, her long and smooth tan legs completely naked and toned. She frowns her pursed lips and rolls her eyes. Her usual perfectly curled light brown hair is messy on her shoulders.

"Just get up, we're leaving for school in less than an hour" she flips her sooned to be tamed hair over her shoulder as she struts out

Whoever said the older sister controls the younger has never met Victoria. I guess younger is an overstatement, we're only 11 months apart. Our parents are soulmates, destined to be together forever, each other's one true love. The one that understands you and will love you for as long as you both live. When I find mine I'm hoping to get as far away from this pack as possible.

They met 18 years ago and nine months later I was born, my Mother got pregnant again two months after me. Victoria's supposed to be in the grade below me but as lucky as I am she and my parents decided she'd do better if she skipped a grade. Last week she turned 17, my eighteenth birthday is coming up as well....I could just leave, my parents would still have their princess. To them she's the smart one, the beautiful one, the one that they love the most.

I've always thought you and your mates children were supposed to be equal, they are the representations of the love you share for each other...at least that's what the other werewolves have told me. But those families are different I supposed. Victoria's the true representation of their love, I'm just...the other one. She has my mothers eyes and beautifully tan completion and fathers hair and smile.

I stand from my bed, knowing if I'm not getting ready and she comes back in here she's going to have a fit, and nothing good ever comes from her fits. I sleepily walk over to my closet to choose another outfit to wear to hell. It's funny really, Victoria is queen bee of school and I'm the loser and weak link to the pack... that's what they think.

The only two people who have ever seen me in my wolf form are my parents. They refuse I run with any of my pack mates, so everyone assumes I'm nothing. My parents say my wolf is weak and feeble. I've been told it so many times I almost believe it but I feel so powerful and strong when I turn...maybe it's just in my head. My parents told me to never tell a soul about my particular wolf form, maybe it's a bad thing to be-....to be a black wolf. I've only ever heard of alphas having black fur. I turned on my sixteenth birthday and ever since then I've felt like there was something wrong with me.

I turn my head to the full length mirror against my cream colored wall, I stare down my body and features. Eyes grey like the moon, skin still lightly tanned from the past summers sun, my hair a natural silver shine , not a drop of dye ever touched to my head; even though my Sister would lie and tell otherwise. Ever since I was a baby my hair has been a white silver color. I look down at my wrist and hold it, moving my thumb across the birthmark shaped like a crescent moon. It's slightly raised and unlike usual birthmarks its lighter than my skin. I've never thought much of it but always though it was unique to me. I have my mothers petiteness and flawless skin. When she smiles, genuinely, but never at me, I even have her big white smile and deep red lips.