Chapter 13

Waking up I know I'm not going to school again today, Victoria came into my room this morning before she left for school and was telling me everything that people are saying about me. It's pretty crude stuff and I had to keep down the tightness in my throat. Most of the time, while she spoke her evil words, my brain was occupied by the most amazing kiss of my life. Still I can't believe it happened, I pinched myself multiple times to see if it was all a dreams.

She talked and I imagined his hands on my waist, pulling me to him. I remembered his smell of pine and manliness, the soft feeling of his lush hair through my fingers. I still feel his mint breath on my face when he pulled away, how flushed I was and breathless when my Mother opened the door. How my heart hammered against my chest and my whole body sung with excitement and liveliness.

When I went down for breakfast my Father looked at me like I was a criminal. I tried to ignore it but it was hard, he finally broke the tension with his harsh words. "How could you be so desperate?was it worth it? Ruining your name?" And an assortment of other lovely words

When I tried to tell him Scar was just saying that because she was pissed at Logan he almost slapped me. His hand was up but then he just called me a liar and ran off.

My mom came to me last, she asked me about what the Alpha said and why he wanted to talk. I told her he wanted to work out the situation and just wanted to know the real story. She seemed calm and almost seemed like she believed me.

"So he wasn't angry?" She asks as she sits on my bed, in her work attire on her slim body, blonde hair bright and styled in curls, her hazel eyes are almost yellow with the brown green mixture.

"No ma'am, he just wanted to know what happened...I promise, like I said Logan tried to kiss me but I pushed him away and then Scar freaked out" I tell her, nervous since she's acting so calm

"I know, I just got off the phone with Karen and she told me what happened" she admits and my eyes widen, that explains her calm demeanour. I mentally thank Karen for this.

"Oh...so you know the truth?" I ask and she nods

"We have to fix this" she looks away and nods as she starts to think, I almost smile at her words...she cares "this is completely going to ruin our family's name" oh...just kidding

I frown and shrink down in my bed. I look out my window, secretly hoping Maddox is standing there, but sadly it's empty. She rambles on about how she'll talk to Scars dad, and her and Father will talk to Logan and Scar together. I don't really listen and don't even notice when she is about to leave.

"Oh and call Karen she wants to talk to you" she tells me as she walks out and I nod, picking up my phone

The line rings and I wait nervously for Karen to answer "hello? Eve?" She asks

"Yeah it's me, how is everything?" I ask needing to know if anything has resolved

"Well Scar is staying with her grandma for now-" my plan to go see her Grandmother and ask about the possible prophecy about me being a black female wolf is officially not happening. I sigh still wondering if that could be about me, and whether it's good or bad "she just wants to stay away from...everyone for a while" correction, from me "Logan's tried to apologise multiple times but she's so angry. He's pretty distraught, he's still a little conflicted....with the two of you" she say and I instantly wince "but it's getting better the longer you stay away"