Chapter 28

Maddox POV
"Maddox!" I hear my fathers voice call me over as I slowly make my way to the council area. Our meeting will take place here today as many more alpha from surrounding packs join to discuss me being apart of their alliances.

Jax is beside him as usual and surprisingly Herk isn't here yet. I assumed since I was gracious enough to allow him to stay in my pack for the night he would be the fist to arrive. I don't like him. The way he stared at Everly last night was something I did not miss. At the thought my hands clench but I shake it off. One more day and she'll be mine forever...I'll finally be able to tell her.

"Good morning" I say to them with a small bow of my head

"Good morning Son" my Father smiles at me and it takes me back a moment

"How is Everly feeling, any better?" He asks

"I'm not sure, I didn't want to wake her this morning. She has school" I tell him and he nods

"She'll be a fine Luna no doubt" he smiles like he knows something I don't "making pups as soon as she's of age" he nods

"No...not until she's ready. She'll only be eighteen in two days. She doesn't even know-"

"In just two days?!" My Father booms and Jax takes his arm and mentally tells him to calm down. After a pause he speaks again "well we should get this on with. Where are the other alphas? we should only see the first round of alphas, I'm canceling the ones later in the day. This needs to be a quick meeting. They should be back to their own packs by nightfall"

I'm shocked by his words. I'm surprised he's not forcing me to have them stay for a week and make sure they know every aspect of how accomplished and how good of an alpha his Son is. I can't say that I mind though, I want this over with already.

"Shall we?" Jax says opening the doors but just before I hear one of my border patrol wolves speak to me

"Alpha Maddox three alphas have arrived, we have sent them your way"

"Thank you" I respond and close off the link

"The first round of  alphas will be here in a moment" I tell my Father and Jax

"Jax send out a message, telling the remaining alphas that they will have to come another day, including Alpha Caleb and Luna Marcie from last night" my father tells him and he nods, I can handle one group of alphas. I'm thankful the rest of my day after this can be spent with Everly, instead of my father breathing down my neck.

Moments later three large black wolves come out of the forest. They stand tall and proud. Each shift behind a tree and come out fully clothed. They bow towards us and the three of us bow back. They are all tall and muscular but all three different hair colors and facial structures. We introduce ourself and talk for a moment about the packs, two are mated and the other is a young new alpha. We all wait on Herk.

"I've heard he's not one of the most trustworthy alphas around" one of them say and again my feeling about Herk begin to solidify. I know how much my Father likes him and has been allies with his pack for years but the more I hear and see the less I want him.

"Where is he?" I grow angry at the disrespect

"Maybe we should go ahead and start...would you mind if we ate? I'm starving. Maybe your house?" the shortest and youngest of the three say...he seems nervous but I brush it off at him having the smallest pack between all of us