9-1-1

Buck pov

We was sat around the table for dinner after a big day, Maddie was here as she was not working today and Athena just finished her shift. we was all laughing and joking when we heard the door open and a little voice say daddy where are you mama is hurt. before anyone could react I was down the stairs and by the door and said baby girl how did you get here? She said we was on our way to grandmas and this car crashed in to us and I got out like you taught me to and then I ran here. i pick her up and said princess I need you to take me to mama can you do that. she said yeah and takes me there i get to the car and Anna was fine she was not feeling great she was just ill and someone only just tapped the car i said come on girls you can take my jeep to Grandmas. we get back and i said do want to come in or stay there? Layla  said I want to come with you daddy i said ok let go and give mama the key and you can stay with me as I have finished shift and we can have a fun day yeah. Anna said yeah sounds good can I have the keys though i went  yeah i ran and got them and then took Layla back with me. I said to Layla  come on then.

Layla said daddy can i wear you helmet, i said sure princess. she put it on i said don't you look cute how about we go and meet daddy's family. she said yeah please daddy can i please. she said daddy carry me high i said ok and picked her up and up her on my shoulders and we go up the stairs and layla shouted daddy you can put me down now i said ok monkey. i said do you want to introduce you self or play on my phone till you calm down again. She holds her hand out i said here is the phone you can go and sit over there and there is paper and crayons there if you want to color. i will be right here but if you don't want to come over just call me. she runs off everyone looks at me, i said yeah the kid is biologically mine.  Eddie said but she is 6 and you are only 24. Chim said you was never sleeping around when you first joined was you. i said no i was not i just took the truck that day to drop her off at nursery and then i let the toddlers put the sirens and the lights on. Maddie said why did you not tell anyone I said because i was 17 when I got Anna pregnant I had just turned 18 when she was born do you know the amount of shit people gave us before we moved here, when we got here we did not tell anyone Anna knew if i did not come home that night that something was wrong and she would track my phone. I take extra shift around her birthday and Christmas so she can have what she wants and yes her mom works but I get paid more and it take two to make a baby so I also have to support that.

I shout Layla stop putting the crayons in your mouth please. so as I was saying we did not tell anyone and we got our daughter the house she wanted and I live about 5 minutes away from them no me and her mom are no longer together but we are great friends and we co-parent. everyone is looking at me and i said is everything ok? Hen said yeah its just you knew she had the crayons in here mouth without even looking. i said Yeah and? Bobby said yes but you stopped taking to us told her off then carried on as if nothing ever happened. i said sorry it just what im used to doing when she around. Layla said Daddy mommy has texted you? i Said what did she say princess? Layla said  mommy said can Layla stay with you for the night all the family is down and the ones that don't really like us. I said call her and tell her yeah but one of us will have to walk to get the keys ot give the keys for the car. She does and then said daddy i need the toilet i said ok do you want to go by your self or with me? she does not say anything but just standing the doing her i need the toilet dance i go over to her and pick her up and said come on i will take you to the big girls toilets. Chim said wait your going to take her to the women's toilets? i said yeah all the females are out here but if they have a problem with that i will take her to the mens? Layla said daddy i really need to go. Maddie said take her to the females it will only be me that will end up needing to go and its not the first time you would have walked in on me in the toilet. I was already gone  after she said we can use the toilet. i take Layla when we come back Layla said im ready to meet everyone. i said ok remember what you said to your new class i was you to do that for my family can you do that? She stood up on my lap so I was holding her hips to keep her from falling and she said hello everyone im Layla May Buckley, im 6 years old I like to color, My mommy is the best cook and my daddy is a super hero. I said well done  now this is you Auntie Maddie , this is your Uncle Eddie, this is your Uncle Chim, thats your Auntie Hen and that is Grandma thena and Grandad Bobby. she turned to me and said will the be mean like Uncle John? I said no they won't princess and mommy and I will never let him be near any of us again. The group said hi Layla.

she just grabs my hand and pulls me out of my seat points to the floor. I said you want nap time? she said yeah i said ok and laid down on the floor and she climbs on to my chest and curles up in to a ball and goes to sleep after she has been sleeping for ten minutes i get up with no problem at all. Athena said is there anything you can't do? i went yeah lots but I will try my hardest for this one. Maddie said what did you do was you was not getting paid because of the lawsuit? I said i became a delivery driver and I was a stripping fireman for about a week before people started to realise who i was. Bobby said wow you really stepped up i said no i have alway been there for my child and I will alway support my child or children i have a trust fund for Layla as well as Christopher. Eddie said why do it for my kid? I said because im financially Stable and they are best friend it was not just us two when the tsunami hit Layla was there at was only the reason Chris when back in to the water was to save his cousin. He knew i did not tell anyone and he kept it a secret as well and no i did not make i told him he could tell you. The door opens and some shouts baby daddy where you to i said be quiet she is sleeping and I'm up stairs. she said hey you both OK, i said yes dear we are both good, i thought I was having her for the night? She said oh you are they have all decided to come to my house so I came to drop the car off with her things and there is things there for her cousin too and stop calling me dear. I said ok darling and her cousins dad is here by the way. I said everyone this is Anna and Anna this is everyone and Eddie is Christophers dad.

Anna said ok well im off to deal with the family, its nice to meet you all, Evan I will see you tomorrow afternoon we can go to the movies, Chris can come as well ot maybe all of them. she hugs me gives me the keys and gives me a kiss on the cheek, i said bye see you tomorrow and I kiss her forehead. Layla woke up and said Bye Mama, i said come on let go and pick Chris up from the babysitters and you two can have a sleep over. Or maybe everyone can come over and Harry, May, Daniel and Nia can all stay at mine as well for the night and you can all be kid free. and then we can all go to the movies in the party bus? Layla said yeah let go i said ok as mama has parked the car  inside you can go and put you seat belt on and then we will go to ours. Eddie said are we following you there i said if you all want to or if some of you are willing to car share thats OK as well don't worry about parking nobody else drives in my apartment block. we all go and get to mine the parents came as well and i said ok meeting time and all the kids sat in their places with the ipads down or phones off. May said ok here's what im thinks Laylas birthday is coming up soon so we can go to the soft play everyone likes it there and it safe for Chris and Nia. I said yeah good, Anything else? Nia said fish i said yeah we can do that in two week. Danny said lego shop? all the kids said yeah add to the list. i said ok now everyone it sleep over time lets get moving to do you jobs. Karen said how in the hell did you manage yo get everyone of them to sit and listen with out any electronics? I said by taking them out making them involved with things you see what you all don't know is this is not the first time everyone has been together. this happens once a month for the past two years.  Nia said film, Danny said i got Nias play mat, Chris said i ordered the food, May said I got drinks, Harry said I got blankets and Layla said i got snacks I said ok then let's watch the film. the door goes and i answer and say hey thanks, I said kids pizza.

and thats how everyone found out how buck has a kid and how good he is with kids.