letters

Ningguang always sends Beidou letters when she's out at sea.

and her letters are always long and written in such a beautiful script. the words flow together like rivers, they sound as pretty as the glaze lilies look in the moonlight.

she pours her heart and soul into those letters, even if she's just rambling. because it feels like she's still talking to beidou, just the way they would at the end of a long day. she always ends with saying she'll see beidou soon. she never says "goodbye" , because it scares her. she doesn't want it to be an actual goodbye.

beidou sends replies back, of course. she tries and tries to write the pages that ningguang does, to pour the same emotional feelings out. because ningguang's letters make her cry.

but she can't write that much, she can't really be that elegant. but she does reply. her writing is messy, but full of love. she always replies.

She'll tell Ningguang about fish she catches, about how once she tried to catch a whale- she wanted to throw it at Childe in revenge. (She didn't catch one.)

She talks about the battles they've fought, about how they always won. About the places they've been to. She has trouble describing it well, but it's enough.

She always ends with "I love you." Never a goodbye.

Always "I love you. I'll see you soon. Before you know it."

Ningguang loves recieving those letters. They warm her heart no matter how cold it is. They keep her going.